Chapter Six

Manik's Pov

We were playing in doubles but my concentration drifted from the game to the girls busy chatting, which resulted in me stumbling on Aaliya.

"You don't like shuttlecocks? You drop them again and again and we got a point." Aliya complained jokingly making me smile sheepishly at her. We both shared a laugh. She is a sweet and straight-forward girl.

Mukti was totally involved with Nandini. She never gels up easily with strangers. Maybe she liked Nandini's company.

"Ice-cream!" Mukti shouted excitedly and looked at mumma who immediately shook her head while I waited for the usual drama to begin. My sister's puppy eyes turned to me and I sighed, already defeated. Nandini did the same before.

I looked at mumma and she gave in, like always. She cannot resist my plea and Mukti knows how to take the advantage of her weakness. My sister is a naughty kid when she chooses to be, but she knows when not to persuade us.

And this girl which anyone can mistake to be a kid raised her hand for ice-cream. Then she asks not to address her tiny.

Everybody had icecream, but I couldn't move my eyes from her face with ice-cream smeared over her right cheek.

She was only engrossed in eating icecream. So childlike.

Suddenly her eyes shot up at me but I didn't avert my eyes instead pointed at her cheek.

Do I look like a creep? But she is cute!

My thoughts about her felt too strange and new that I wanted to leave from here, for any damn reason and when she teased me, I took the opportunity.

I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes to clear off my mind but all I could see was her eyes twinkling when she ate that ice-cream like a kid, her melodious laughter echoed in my ears. I sat up frustrated. What the hell is this feeling?

Why am I thinking so much about her?. I love to tease her even though she's not my close friend, yet. I haven't been so comfortable to do that with anyone before. Her face turns into a shade of crimson whenever I do so, either with blush or anger. She puffs her cheeks totally like a balloon and that pinched nose.

Oh god! She looks bewitching.

I looked aside and saw my face in the mirror. I was smiling again. Manik control, pagal hogya h tu.

Not to forget, checking her out and finding her hot~ said my subconscious coolly sitting on the recliner enjoying the drink on a beach.

I didn't have any answer because I have done that. I palmed my face. Am I attracted to her?

Happy realization idiot!~ my subconscious said rolling his eyes at me.

"But I do not even know her properly." I reasoned to myself.

Mumma entered with a knock and handed me green tea. I actually need this after icecream. "What is troubling my big boy?" She wiggled her brows at me making me sigh. How does she reads me so well? Well maybe because she is my mother.

I explained everything to her honestly from meeting her at the hospital today morning. Atleast she'll tell me what is wrong with me.

There's nothing ever I haven't shared with her. She has been my first friend always. Ofcourse I skipped me calling Nandini hot and Kunal's matter. She smiled at me which confused me more.

"You like her budhuu." She said pulling my cheeks and I became more confused.

"Mumma, abhi 2 din hue mile usse. How can I like her in such a short period?" I put up my queries.