|Twenty-one|

Dear readers,

Can I expect few more readers to atleast show their involvement in the story, and let me know if they are liking it? I can only see the comments from the other account and for me it's only +/- ten or something readers. Is that fair?

Happy reading!

_______

Gayatri Kapoor showed her palm, bringing Ram's vindication to his misdemeanor, to a halt. "Whatever you said to Manik, for any right or wrong reasons, cannot be justified Ram. From everyone present here, I expect you to empathize in a much better way what losing a father means. And ordinary? I and your father were also ordinary who brought you up with all the struggles, you and Priya were two ordinary people working hard and raising your children. You weren't demeaning Manik's parents but your own, just because you're now an influential man? Everybody is ordinary, we become special by our virtues. Can you imagine how your father must be feeling watching his son becoming the kind of person he himself once hated? You disappointed me Ram."

Ram gulped down a lump when his mother, wife and friends had same disappointment on their faces. They knew what triggered him, but he cannot be exempted everytime for the same reasons.

"Maa, I swear on you, I didn't mean those words. Gusse mein..."

"Gusse mein Ram, gusse mein koi insensitive nhi ban jata! Yeh tera dar h jo tujhe control kr rha h. You've become mean to outsiders, taking indifference in being labelled as an arrogant business tycoon, I didn't say a word because life had been unkind, we cannot trust people easily, but I won't tolerate my son being insensitive and hurting others, especially those who are our well-wishers, those who mean family. 22 years ago, someone taunted you for being fatherless when Kapoor Industries was crumpling down, bta gudiya ko, ki woh Aryaman Khurana ka baap tha. Let her take pride in how her parents made it from the scratch again and they wish for her to carry the legacy forward. Tune usse kabhi kuch nhi btaya, na batane dia, tu Nandini ko protect nhi kr rha h Ram, tu usse andhere me rakh rha h. Dono mein fark h. Conquer your fears before you lose your daughter and our respect."

Gayatri walked away to her room. Priya was the only one present when Neha and Vikram left. They didn't want to intrude. "I've committed a huge mistake Priya. I'll redeem the bond." Ram said referring to his equation with Nandini and Manik, palming his eyes. He wasn't supposed to cry. He never did but today, he felt like the worst human for hurting Manik with the harshness he was once subjected to.

"We." She corrected him, interlocking their hands. "If I deserve to stand beside you to share the credit of your achievements and success, then your mistakes are mine too." Ram looked at her with an incredible smile. This woman had always held the ground for him.

"Hum milke sab sahi krdenge, lekin mai apko tabhi maaf krungi, when you'll earn your apology from Manik."

"Bhot special h woh white coat tumhare liye." He wanted to sound offended but he wasn't.

"Bhot! 22 saal baad, kisi mein apne purane Ram ki jhalak dekhi h maine. The Ram I fell in love with, the Ram who struggled how to be not good to others and bauji samjha smjha kr thak jaate the, the Ram who flaunted his round cheeks my aai loved pulling." Tears pricked the back of his eyes hearing the longing in Priya's voice and he chuckled remembering the lost time.

"Aai ne isliye razamandi di humari shaadi k liye kyunki mere gaal unki pakad mein aa paye. Aur baba, you remember what he named me?"

"Laughing Buddha!" They both chuckled at it and Ram wrapped his arm around her.

"Aapne bhi toh Manik ko special name dia h, white coat." Priya diverted the subject as she couldn't see Ram sad.

"You mean to say, woh humari gudiya ko le jayega?" Fear laced his voice and his body went stiff, not liking even the thought of it.