Thirty Eight

Beginne am Anfang

I hold my hand out for a pair.

He brings both shorts out for me to look at. They're both the same, black with turtles on them. The only difference is that one has red turtles printed, and the other blue.

I point to the blue ones. "I'll go for those."

He chucks the shorts my way and the smack me in the mouth. I groan at the impact, spluttering. I roll out from my little safe haven I call the blankets, and begin changing.

I grab one of his tshirts. It's mustard yellow with red stripes down the seams of the sleeves. The shorts are a little short around my thighs, not reaching my knees but I don't really mind.

He quirks a brow at me. "Stealing my style?"

I give him a pointed look. "Says the guy wearing my merch! I love that top, so if you so happen as ruin one print on Stevie's pretty little head, I am going to murder you with my bare hands."

"Fiesty," he teases, slapping me gently on the bum, making me squeal and jump away from him. "I like it."

I growl at him, grab my phone from the desk and step out toward the kitchen.

"Harry!" Niall cheers when I surface from the bedroom. "How are ya, mate? Ready for an amazing time at Ed's?"

I shrug a shoulder before nodding. "What I don't get is why a guy that bloody rich, goes to a university that isn't so higher up. Would thought he went to Oxford or something."

Niall grins, rocking back and forth from where he sits on the counter, hands on his knees, feet pointing inward. He looks like a toddler at this moment, or a golden retriever, both adorable. "He didn't want to go too far from home. His  friends also came here and he didn't want to lose them through uni so decided to chase them."

I smile at that. I should've thought about doing that because Eric never replies to my messages anymore, and Benji unfriended me on Snapchat. But that just goes to show that they showed their true colours, and now I've found friends I wouldn't trade anything for in the world. They accept me for who I am, and keep me sane, even if I wasn't really there for them in the beginning.

I feel a pang of guilt hit me in the heart, remembering how awful I was toward Louis last year. The way I made him feel awful for being gay, only because I was mad about the fact that I couldn't get any sleep at night due to his sexual shenanigans.

I don't deserve him. I don't know why he chose to be with me after I was such a dick to him. I can feel the lump form in my throat, and the guilt take over, clouding my small mind.

Fingers gently brush against my bare arms and the touch causes the cloud in my mind to break away and flee. He rests his chin on my shoulder.

"You okay?" Louis asks from behind, hands snaking around to hold me close.

I look toward him in the corner of my eye. I don't want to tell him that I keep thinking of the past, I don't want to seem like I'm being annoying or anything. So I just give him a smile and a nod of the head.

"Come on Zayn, stop giving Liam head and let's get going!" Niall hollers, making Louis to cackle and for me to bury my head in his neck to stifle my laugh.

Zayn comes out then, flipping Niall off. "I lost my lighter."

"Check Liam's arse for that later." Niall jumps off the counter and we all walk toward the door.

"Where's Marie?" I ask, noticing her absence when only Liam comes striding over from the rooms.

"She's at Ashe's at the moment, they're going to meet us there," Niall replies, shoving his feet into some sliders.