𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐒

《 ✢ 》

❝'Cause what about, what about angels?They will come, they will go, make us special, oh❞

'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special, oh

ALEXIS HAD ALWAYS BEEN THE only girl in the Glade, ever since she arrived in the Box three years ago. She had been the eighth person to come up, and they had all assumed that more girls were on their way. However, none ever came, leaving her alone with a shuck ton of boys that just keeps growing every month, despite her hopes that something different would happen.

When she arrived in the Glade, the six people there—Alby, Newt, Minho, Gally, Winston, and Frypan—had began forming a sort of government or way of running things. Each person had a job to do, and each person did their job the best they could. They also came up with names for each of the jobs. Alby was in charge of running things because he was the first one there, Newt tended to the gardens as a Track-hoe, Gally was the one that built everything around the Glade as a Builder, Winston killed and cut up animals as a Slicer, and Frypan made meals out of the supplies they got from the Box. Minho was in charge of looking for a way out, though he hadn't dared to venture in the Maze that surrounded their area ever since they all went out a month ago and lost someone to a monstrous creature that they named a Griever.

Once she got out of her confused state and remembered her name, she told them all to call her Alex because she felt that Alexis was such a hassle to say, and she didn't like it very much. They were all wondering what to do with her before Winston mentioned that he cut himself a lot at work, and some medical assistance might be helpful. So, that's how Alex became the first Med-jack.

After about a year and a half, when they finally had enough people to cover every job easily, and people were beginning to venture out into the Maze, the Med-jack job got too tedious and dreary for Alex. All she ever did was bandage the occasional cut or every so often, or, if she was lucky, she would get to treat a concussion. It was too easy. She wanted some thrill to put some excitement back in her life.

So, one day, when she got sick of waiting around the Med-jack hut with Clint and Jeff for someone to come in with a paper cut, she went out for a walk. After a while, she found herself by the weapons shed, and since she was a Keeper, she had a key. She unlocked the shed and began playing around with some of the knives in it. She practiced throwing them at a nearby tree until she could easily hit the wood with the sharp part and not the handle. She was no expert yet, but with some time, she thought she could become pretty good.