I hear the bag zipping shut, and I turn my head to see Louis laying on the floor, staring up at the ceiling, soft smile on his lips.

"You done?" I question, popping a full stop right at the end of my paragraph.

He nods. "Yea," he drawls. He slowly blinks over toward me, smirk on his lips. "All done."

I throw the pen at him lightly and it hits him on the chin. "You're being extremely suspicious right now. What have you put in there?"

A giggle escapes his lips. "Nothin'."

I go to stand to grab the bag but he's quick to scramble off the floor and pin my arms by my side, lifting my up from the waist.

"Nope!" he says urgently.

"Louis, put me down!" I protest, wiggling in his grip.

He throws me onto the bed gently, and I'm quick to turn so my back is on the mattress. Before I can slide off the bed, he's pinning my arms above my head, my feet firmly on the floor from where I'm laying on the bed sideways.

He scans my face, mischief planted all over his. The way his eyes give a playful look, his hair spiking up and fringe floppy like a hedgehog spikes, the dip in his lip creating a 'v' as he smiles. Jesus Christ I just want to feel those lips on mine right now.

"Kiss me, you fool," I whisper, letting my inner thoughts win for a change.

He doesn't have to be told twice, his lips caressing mine like feathers. I'll never get sick of these lips. The way they taste like fresh mint from the gum I gave him earlier, the way they're like the softest petal of blossom— fresh, feeling new every time, brings spring and sunshine into my soul—heats my heart like a gentle candle flame coming to light.

His lips lose contact, and I'm frowning, wanting to stay in the moment with his lips on mine for eternity. He licks me on my nose, making it scrunch up at the sensation.

"Come on," he says, patting my outer thigh.

I huff. "Can't you kiss me again?" I ask boldly.

He cackles, brings my lips to his for a chast kiss, then pulls away, putting space between us. "You're a needy devil, aren't ya?"

I poke my tongue out at him, getting up. I shake my hair down, bringing a hand through it, my rings getting caught in a few knots.

He grabs my bag for me, taking it to the landing. "Have you finished your essay?"

I nod. "I think so." I don't want to check it. I don't want to look at it, because I'll feel the failure settle deep into my bones, and I feel too giddy for that at the moment.

He gives a firm nod, brings an arm over my shoulder and leads me out the room. "Perfect, we can leave a little earlier, then."

We meet Marie in the kitchen with Niall whizzing something up in the blender, the noise of the blades overpowering their voices as they shout back and forth at each other in order to be heard.

"But I don't think I can!" Niall yells.

"You can't know for certain unless you try!" Marie shouts back.

Their attention come to us, and Niall switches the blender off.

"What you arguing about?" Louis asks.

Niall waves him off. "Weren't arguing, mate, we were talking about how Marie thinks I should go do a one night stand with her friend Marcus."

Louis snorts. "Get in there, buddy!"

Niall looks to me, only I still know that he has a crush on his friend Shawn. He said he'd tell the others when the time is right, but so far, he hasn't said a word.