Chapter 136: When You Think of Home

I had barely turned the corner when I heard my phone vibrate in my bag. Praying it wasn't my aunt with any more bad news, I couldn't help but smile seeing Josh's name across the screen.

Josh: you're probably nervous about your flight, I know how much you said the idea of flying scared you but it's okay, you're gonna be fine. and you can put in my info for the wifi if you need to lol i'll be sure to call you when we get off stage. but text me if you need anything. really. don't worry about what time it is. chances are i'll still be up lol

I don't think he'd ever have any idea how much I appreciated him.

Jaime: thank you <3 yeah, you'll probably be hearing from me the whole time lol
Josh: good, I can't wait to get off stage then. maybe I'll just facetime you during the set so you can watch.
Jaime: I'd like that. I hate that I'm already missing you guys play.
Josh: nothing you haven't already seen before lol
Jaime: I miss you already.
Josh: I miss you too. <3
Jaime: <33

And then I felt the car stop, pulling up to the airport. Looking through my messages again, I checked to see if I had missed anything from Jake. But there was nothing. Maybe he was just trying to give me space, but.. that was the last thing I needed right now. One of the worst parts about this whole thing was having to do it alone, and he should know that. He went with me. He saw how hard it was for me.

Finally, before getting out of the car, I sent him something, just to give him a reason to say something back.

Jaime: have a good show <33 I'll call you tonight.

I then grabbed my bags and made my way inside, trying my best to follow all of the signs until I finally found my gate. Sam was right, it wasn't too bad, but I still wish I had someone here with me. You would think, being an only child would make this easier, but I think deep down it just made me feel worse. I had had to go through life by myself for as long as I could remember, now when I needed someone more than ever.. I was still all alone.

Jaime: okay, I think I managed to find my gate lol thank you again for everything.
Sam: thank goodness, we don't wanna have to send out a search party for you.
Jaime: no, not this time, but don't count it out just yet.
Sam: we'd miss you too much, Jaime. please don't get lost lol
Jaime: I'll try my best.
Sam: that's all I ask :)

I scrolled back to my texts with Jake. Still nothing. I managed to hear from Josh and Sam.. what could he possibly be doing that they weren't? Either way.. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. But still.

I kept scrolling up towards the top, now remembering how it exciting it felt just a month ago. I had spent years hoping to see his name come across my phone and then one day he was sending me hearts and asking me out on breakfast dates.

I just wish we could go back.

I didn't have to wait too long until my plane started to board. I really wished I could've at least heard something from him before I left.

Jaime: getting on the plane now. I love you <3

Sliding my phone into my pocket, I followed everyone in front of me, hoping they knew what they were doing as I was guided down the cramped aisle and into my seat. I was thankful for a window seat this time, with Leah and Ayla sticking me in the aisle on the way here. But I didn't mind, at least I had someone there with me.

I was lucky enough to get seated next to a little old woman who instantly made herself comfortable, pulling an eye-mask over her face and going right to sleep. I had heard some horror stories before so I had expected the worst.