Chapter 104: A Long Shot

Thankfully by the time we made it over to his house, most of them had already finished eating. Josh and Sam now already up in their rooms, leaving just Jake and I with his parents. I couldn't even remember the last time I had eaten with them, crazy to think considering how often they'd invite us over when we were younger.

"So you two really seemed to have fun at the wedding." His mom said, flashing him a smile. "I don't think I've seen Jake dance that much in years." He playfully rolled is eyes, his cheeks burning red.
"I dance all the time, what are you talking about?" He said plainly. She shook her head, sitting down across from us.
"Not like that."
"Well.. it was a celebration." I felt him move his leg over under the table, brushing it up against mine. I tried my best to contain my smile.

"It was nice to see Katie again too." She added. "Her and Josh seemed to have a nice time." Jake nodded, staying quiet as he peeked over at me. I could only imagine what they had talked about when I wasn't around, regarding our whole.. situation. I know it wasn't ideal, but.. it was what it was now.
"Yeah, I.. I think he had fun." Jake said softly, finally breaking the silence. I was thankful.

"How is your mom doing, Jaime? We missed her." I nodded.
"Yeah, she wished she could have been there. She's.. well, she's doing okay. No progress yet, but.. nothing is getting worse so, that's good."
"That is good. Well, once she feels up to it, she's more than welcome to come over anytime, the both of you. We're gonna be lonely once the boys leave, so.. we'll always welcome company." My stomach dropped. I knew there was no way I could step foot in here if I knew they weren't going to be here. But I appreciated the offer.

I knew she was going to miss them just as much.

"So, what are your plans for the rest of the night?" She asked. Jake peeked over at me.
"Jaime and I were just gonna.. hang out in my room for a little while until she has to go."
"Well, that's nice. Your father and I were just gonna watch a movie if you wanted to join us."
"Um.. well.." He started. She laughed, shaking her head.
"Don't worry, I know you'd rather spend time alone." He smirked back at her, his cheeks burning red again. They grabbed their plates, bringing them over to the sink before disappearing into the living room.

"You just wanna hang out in your room?" I asked. He shrugged, smiling back over at me.
"I just.. want time with you. I don't care what we do." I leaned my head on his shoulder, a big smile escaping my lips. I loved just how much he could enjoy the simple things.
"Could you play for me again?" I asked. He nodded.
"Whatever you want."

After we finished eating, Jake grabbed both of our plates, bringing them over to the sink. He smiled back at me, motioning towards the stairs. I didn't hesitate to follow him closely as he quickly lead us up to his room, shutting and locking the door behind us.

I plopped down onto his bed like it was my own, staring up at him as he leaned back against his door.
"So.. my mom said.. if I wanted to.. well.. I could stay over tonight. If.. if that's okay." His eyes instantly lit up, his smile growing.
"Do you want to?" He asked. I nodded, biting down on my lip, feeling my body get hot.
"Well, then you need something more comfortable to change into." He said, going into his dresser, pulling out an old t-shirt, handing it over to me.

"Here.. it's one of my favorites." My heart jumped. It was embarrassing how many times I had thought about him in this shirt. It was plain dark grey with little holes towards the bottom. He wore it all the time, and I dreaded the day I would see one of his girlfriends wearing it, but thankfully.. they never did.

And now.. it was mine.

"Thank you." I said, taking it from him. He watched as I instantly changed into it, moving in closer as I reached out for him. He crawled over me, leaning into a passionate kiss, gently tangling his fingers in my hair.
"You look good in it." He whispered, his gentle kisses moving down to my neck.
"Only because it's yours."
"You look good in everything, Jaime."
"Stop it." He hid his face in my neck again, giggling to himself as he rolled over next to me. I propped my head up onto my hand, staring over at him as he gazed back at me with those beautiful eyes.