Chapter 85: Miss You

As the car pulled up, Jake took my hand, climbing into the backseat, wrapping his arm around me.
"Since everyone is still out.." He said, whispering into my ear. I shook my head, giggling to myself.
"If you want me to stay with you, you have to come to my house." I said, looking back up at him.
"Fine." He sighed, leaning in, gently kissing my cheek. "I'll take whatever I can get."

My head had already started to spin as my grip on him got tighter, eventually pulling him into a long kiss. He reached up, gently tangling his fingers into my hair, kissing me back harder.
"You know, going on tour would be perfect if I could end every night like this." He sighed, staring back at me with that dazed look in his eye. I felt my cheeks burn, loving the idea of us getting to run off together alone every night, but the reality of it..

"Here we are!" The driver called out, pulling up to Jake's house. I smirked up at him as he avoided my eyes, reaching forward, placing the cash in the driver's hand.
"Thank you!" He grabbed my hand, helping me out of the car.
"You told him your address, huh?" I laughed. He smirked back at me.
"I was hopeful."

He lead me up to my front door as I dug through my purse for my key when he eventually reached in, grabbing it for me.
"I got it." He laughed, unlocking the door, and then effortlessly lifted me up into his arms.
"Jake!" I laughed, holding on tight as he brought me in, shutting the door behind us, and carried me upstairs to my bedroom. I climbed out of his arms, plopping down on my bed, staring back up at him as he kicked off his shoes, crawling in next to me.

"Why do you always want me to stay in your room?" I asked, cuddling into his arms. He smirked back down at me, gently kissing my forehead.
"Because.." He said softly. "Then it smells like you when you're gone." I felt my heart jump, trying to contain my grin, knowing thats why I loved when he stayed over here too.
"But.. then it just.. makes me miss you even more when you're gone." He added. I sat back up to face him.
"You're gonna miss me when you leave, right?" I asked. He hesitated for a moment before eventually nodding.

"I really don't want to think about-"
"We've never talked about it." I said, reaching out for him. His smile grew as I gently caressed his face.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. I nodded, despite knowing how much it would probably hurt.
"Okay." He sighed. "We can talk about it." He propped himself back up to face me, gently pulling me into his lap.

"Why.. wouldn't you come with me?" He asked. I felt my heart start beating faster.
"Because.. I can't just leave my mom. If something happens-"
"Well, she seemed to think that-"
"Because she doesn't want me missing out, which is nice but.. realistically.. if something happened, I'd have to be here for her." He nodded, staying quiet for a moment.
"Is.. is that.. the only reason?"
"And, well.. I.. I still want to figure out.. what I want to do, and I just-"
"Can't you figure that out.. with me?" He asked, flashing me a gentle smile, giving me those same eyes that he knew could get him whatever he wanted.

"You know, you never answered me." I smirked, trying to change the subject.
"About what?"
"Are you gonna miss me?"
"Of course I will." He said simply. I bit down on my lip, holding my stare on him, expecting.. well, hoping for something.. more? Considering he had been practically begging me to come with him since they found out about the tour, I guess I just assumed he'd be a little more.. persuasive?

"That's it?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck. He leaned in for a kiss, but I backed away.
"What do you mean that's it?" He laughed, leaning in closer again.
"I mean.." I stopped, looking away. "Forget it."
"Jaime.." I shook my head, pulling him into a gentle kiss.
"I'll think about it."