Chapter 102: Hers

Jake's P.O.V

Every time I saw her, I heard music; perfect melodies that hadn't even been written yet, but played effortlessly in my mind like she herself was her own song. Her presence alone was enough to inspire a symphony.

She was so beautiful when she slept.
How lucky I was to get to wake up to someone so beautiful, in every sense of the word.

Her hair messily fell into her face as she lightly gripped the pillow next to her, only slightly muffling her light snores as she nuzzled her face into it.

The rising sun just barely crept through the blinds, leaving a gentle glow on her bare back, emphasizing the gentle curve of her spine that practically begged me to run my fingers down it. Every moment we weren't touching was a moment wasted.

But she looked so peaceful.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think this day would come. All I've ever wanted was to one day wake up to someone who made me feel something, and now here I was, with the one that made me feel everything.

What could I have possibly done to ever deserve the kind of happiness that she brought me?

I carefully reached over for her, gently brushing the hair out of her face. She shifted, letting out a quiet groan before eventually settling into a tired sigh, hiding her face further into the pillow.

I kept replaying last night over and over in my mind. After all my years of secretly pining, never did I think she'd ever actually feel enough for me to want me like that. The way her body felt against mine, her hair freely falling into my face as she lied over me, our coinciding breaths, sharp and needy.

It felt like the first time all over again.

I had never felt anything like that, being with someone who wanted me just as badly as I wanted them, getting lost in our own world, so in-tune like time had stopped just for us. After all this time, I had never known that it could feel.. like that, and I knew that I'd never want anyone else ever again.

I was completely hers.

I carefully maneuvered out of bed, mindful of her every move to not wake her up, quietly making my way into the bathroom and hopping into the shower, begrudgingly washing off the night before.

How I wished I could bottle up last night and save it forever.

It wasn't long before I heard the bathroom door open. Turning around, my heart jumped as I saw her standing in the doorway, tightly clutching the bedsheet around her.

It was adorable how shy she could get, despite having seen everything before. I hoped one day she could be comfortable enough around me to never want to hide herself again.

"Well, good morning." I giggled, unable to contain my grin. I reached out for her, grabbing onto the sheet and pulling her towards me into a quick kiss.
"Good morning." She sighed, staring back at me with tired eyes.
"Are you gonna join me?" I asked, motioning into the shower, wanting to savor every moment we had together before we were brought back to reality.

Every time I got a taste of "playing house" with her I got sucked into my endless daydream of the day I would wake up in our own home together, knowing she would be the last thing I saw before I went to bed, and the first thing I saw when I woke up.