111. Baby, It's Cold Outside

1/2 chapters for today, November 2, 2022.  

I woke up with a start. I don't know what I was dreaming, but something fucking hurt. I checked my body. Other than the belly bulge, I was good. Stupid dream pain.

The fluffy men looked at me wearily. Only Alec remained undisturbed. I buried my head back down into some fluffy, silver fur. I don't think I will ever not be jealous of Hiro. Said fox settled back down and the rest of the men calmed themselves. Pretty sure nightmares can't actually hurt me. Jumpy shits.

I didn't fall back asleep right away. My heart was beating too fast. Fuck nightmares, I want my sleep.

Hiro refrained from purring like a feline beast. He didn't want to disturb anyone else, but he was a little too excited. It was obvious that Drew liked his fur and that made him happy.

Ever since he was let in the main bedroom, Hiro had been very careful not to aggravate any of the males present by overstepping boundaries. His consideration was noticed and he remained on fairly good terms with all of Drew's mates.

Hiro believed that only Shuu would occasionally show displeasure when Drew would cling to Hiro's beast form instead of his own. He tried not to let that joy show through, but he feared he failed more often than he succeeded.

Even though they had yet to mate, Hiro was fully included in the family as one of Drew's males. He had more patience than most males his age, or rather, most males period, so he did not mind waiting longer. Just knowing it was an inevitable thing raised his spirits and sometimes, something else. He suppressed those urges since he knew they would not be appreciated. He did not want to make Drew uncomfortable and compromise his current situation.

There was a saying that he overheard Drew say once: 'One step at a time.' That seemed to describe his current efforts and he liked it. He was indeed taking this one step at a time. It may have been slow, but he was moving forward. His patience and time was being rewarded now and he couldn't feel more satisfied if he tried.

Content and warm, Hiro calmed himself enough to drift back off. He would be busy for a while trying to gain his second mark. He needed his rest. He fell back asleep and woke up early the following morning. He left with Rowan for training.

Winston did not join them, but woke up enough to get started on the daily rounds. He quietly slipped out and did the perimeter check around the village. His large paws did not sink deeply into the snow, despite his weight, as he ran. Even though he had just begun, he was eager to complete his duty and return to his warm den sooner than later.

Shuu used the opportunity to affix himself to Drew's side. Now that his fiercest competitor for snuggles was absent, Drew would surely cling to him. He carefully placed himself on one side of Drew while Harvey got her other side. Alec stirred, but did not move from his position several feet away.

I felt the movement, but didn't open my eyes. It was too early to get up. Not like I had something great to look forward to anyway. The men won't let me outside without a bodysuit made of layers of furs. I couldn't even hobble around like that. Roll. All I could do was roll around like a human boulder and the men wouldn't let me devolve like that. Therefore, I got to hang around in the house. All winter long. Dull.

I prepared a bunch of things to do, from games, art, and other crafty shit. I wasn't as bored as I was last cold season, but I really wanted a snowball fight. Or a fight. I wasn't feeling picky.

Remind me not to be pregnant next year at this time. I snorted at the universe's lack of response. Looks like I have to remind myself then. I'll write it on my calendar... 'Don't get knocked up before winter.' It's going to be difficult. Doubt I'll be breastfeeding that long.