105. Date Plans

1/1 updates for October 25, 2022.

 I immediately felt better after asking. I had built up so much stress over this and just like that, it was gone. Well, not entirely, but pretty close.

"Date?" Hiro asked in confusion.

My achievement was downgraded. Looks like I didn't explain the exact details of how humans court. At least, not how it's associated with that term. Damn, I'm slacking.

I gave him an explanation. The more I talked the redder he got. I'm certain now. This guy spends more time red than his actual skin color. I tried to take this seriously, but his tail was swishing around wildly and I couldn't with his expression. It was pretty cute. "So there are rules," I decided to fuck with him since I was now feeling much less stiff.

"Rules?" Hiro inquired, dead serious.

I tried not to snicker at his intense look of concentration. "Yeah. The first date you talk and get to know each other." He nodded, taking every word I said seriously. "The second date can start the same, but it always ends with a kiss." My breath had to stink with the bullshit spewing from it, but it was worth watching Hiro light back up in his favorite shade of color.

"K-kiss," he stuttered. "O-o-okay." I was planning to keep going with date three and four, but broke down laughing already. His response was too precious. I'd say I was going to hell for picking on an innocent, but I was already going there for a lot of other reasons. Plus, Hiro wasn't that innocent.

"I'm kidding Hiro. There are no rules," I tried not to laugh anymore. I felt some eyes and noticed Brock and Harvey standing together in the distance. They both looked curious. I know, I know, I make a good show, don't I? What are you two doing together anyway? Not an affair I hope.

Trying not to snicker, I turned back to Hiro who was not as colorful as before, but still pink. "I'm no expert, but dates are pretty flexible. We do whatever we feel like together and go however fast or slow we want."

"I see," Hiro responded with renewed vigor. He still felt embarrassed at being teased, but Drew was more relaxed now. He hoped Drew would let him off. He didn't think he could take much more if she kept it up.

After listening to her explanation, he had a question. Feeling amazed and excited, he inquired, "Alone together?" Ah, he realized she must be messing with him again.

"Well yeah, in a way. I guess if you went to a restaurant, a place that cooks food for you, you wouldn't technically be alone. But, you probably wouldn't know anyone and they'll leave you alone for the most part. There are other ones where you are alone..." Drew continued.

Hiro waited for her to say just kidding, but she didn't. The explanation was also detailed. He may not have understood every example, but he got the idea. Drew was asking for him to spend time alone with her? Really?

I think I lost foxy boy. I waved my hand in front of his face to bring him back from wherever he went. He snapped to attention and asked, "Is that really okay? Can we?" He sounded like he didn't really believe it. Did I say something crazy? I'm pretty sure I didn't.

"I don't see why we can't. Is there a reason we can't?" I asked just to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Hiro glanced at Harvey for a second and then off in the distance. I couldn't see what he was looking at, but I knew anyway since the tat was telling me that Winston was there. They were fine with Hiro. Did Hiro somehow not know that?