30. The Show Is Free Right?

So, yeah.  Fourth update for today, April 23rd.  Occasion?  I haven't barfed my guts up yet and I hate cliffhangers with passion.  I also want to see both my stories at chapter 30. 

Enjoy

Harvey placed me behind him and assessed the threat. He looked kinda dead, so we should be okay. I grabbed a tree branch, just in case. I didn't have much choice in weapons, so it'll have to do.

My stupid ass never asked for a bone knife. Not that it would help me. I'd probably trip, fall, and stab myself on the way down. So, stick it is.

The crimson colored hawk didn't move despite Harvey getting close to it. Harvey came back to my side and lifted my hefty self up. I didn't see that coming and might have let out a screech. A small one.

Screech. The presumed dead hawk screeched back. I didn't accidentally speak hawk, did I? I didn't even draw a breath in before the hawk was right next to us. Harvey placed me down again, behind him. The bird stared at both of us. It looked down and watched with intensity burning behind crimson irises.

Bro, that's fucking creepy. Could you not? This guy is a beastmen, I'm pretty sure. He didn't blink at all. His pupils kept shrinking and enlarging. Double the creep factor.

"What are you doing?" Harvey inquired. Go Harvey. The less I have to speak the better.

The hawk screeched again. Like we can understand him. I'm fluent in English and Bullshit, not hawk tongue. He tried to get closer to me, which was a 'fuck no' from me and Harvey. I clenched my stick hard. My batting skills needed more practice anyway.

Before Harvey could shift, the hawk in question was sent flying away.

"Alec, you haven't learned your lesson yet?" A stern and calm voice scolded.

When did this guy get he... Holy hell! Now that's a man. Heavily tanned skin, a solidly built upper body and abdomen, dark red hair that fell mid-back, and a garnet eye that looked black until the sun hit it. I'm glad I'm technically married now. I won't drool, I won't.

He had a bad scar that ripped along his right eye and reached back to his ear. Two other scars lined his upper and lower cheek that almost reached his ear. Claw marks?

He had half of his hair in skinny braids and damn, that suited him. Several scars both large and small stood out on his darkened skin. His demeanor screamed 'mafia boss.' His one eye stared at me and I felt my mouth hanging open.

Shit! I stared. Why are all these men so fucking hot? They could put these guys on calendars. I'd buy. I'll sacrifice a carton of Blue Bell and save the money for it.

"Brother! Can't you pull you're punches?" An aggravated male entered the chat. Who the...? Oh the crimson hawk. I forgot about him.

Oh damn. He's hot too. Of course he is. All the men here are. His hair was brighter than his brother's, his eyes too. He wasn't as built either, but still personal trainer slash hunk level. He had medium tanned skin with a few small scars here and there. Both of them had higher cheekbones and strong noses. It was obvious they were related.

"Only if you stop causing trouble. How many females have you approached since we've been here?" Oh, his brother is a flirt? I didn't think those existed in this world. Well, he's doing a shitty job of it.

"Only four! How am I supposed to find a mate if you don't let me look?" Wow dude.

"Are your eyes for decoration? You do not need to get that close to see." Burn.