☆ Stopping The Alpha ☆

Start from the beginning

"Let's try this again." Chris said with a threatening edge. "Where is Scott McCall."

They all stayed quiet so Chris grabbed Stiles by his shirt and slammed up against the cabinets. Mikayla pressed against the wall with a hard look from one of the hunters while he was holding Tara by her arm, the other hunter holding Jackson.

"Let me ask you a question, Stiles." Chris said only inches from Stiles face. "Have you ever seen a rabid dog?"

"No." Stiles said with a shake of his head. "I can put it on my to-do list if you just let me go."

"Well, I have, and the only thing I've ever been able to compare it to is seeing a friend of mine turn on a full moon." Chris explained. "Do you wanna know what happened?"

"You used the power of friendship to cure him?" Tara asked with a sarcastic smile. The hunter holding her covered her mouth as his grip on her arms tightened.

"He tried to kill me, and I was forced to put a bullet in his head." Chris said poking Stiles forehead as reference. "The whole while that he lay there dying, he was still trying to claw his way towards me, still trying to kill me, like it was the most important thing he could do with his last breath. Can you imagine that?"

Stiles shook his head, Chris having let go of him. "No. And it sounds like you need to a be a little bit more select-"

Stiles was interupted when Chris slammed his fists onto the cabinets behind him. Trapping Stiles in his arms. "Did Scott try to kill you on the full moon? Did you have to lock him up?"

"Yeah, I did. I had to handcuff him to a radiator. Why? Would you prefer I locked him in the basement and burned the whole house down around him?" Stiles asked with a new anger in his voice. Chris started laughing as he too a step away from Stiles.

"I hate to dispel a popular rumor, Stiles, but we never did that." Chris said in an aggravating tone. Tara broke away from the guy holding her cause he didn't anticipate how strong she actually was.

"You lying bastard. Derek said you had a code." Tara said with tears brimming her eyes as she marched over to Chris. "I guess no one ever breaks it."

"Never." Chris said looking into Tara's eyes.

"What if someone does?" Tara asked not looking away from the hard look.

"Someone like who?" Chris asked curiosity replacing the coldness.

"Your sister."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Scott, Sydney, and Derek were trying to catch their breath as they walked towards the house. They had made it out of the tunnel and were now walking close together.

"Hey. Hold on." Derek said being the furthest behind because of his weak state. Sydney and Scott didn't register it until he repeated it again. "Hold on, hold on."

Derek looked around the woods for a minute before he turned back to the other two. "Something doesn't feel right."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked, both of them feeling it too.

"I don't know. It was- It was kind of like it was-" Derek said trying to find the words.

"No, don't say 'too easy'." Sydney said as she leaned against a tree. "People say 'too easy' and bad things happen."

Derek just sighed at Sydney but kept looking around. He was right, it felt weird.

"What, do you think finding you was easy?" Scott asked annoyed. "Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy."