Chapter 56- Raid on Skako Minor

Colonel Han makes his way over to the holo-projector, where Anakin is waiting. Han had been assigned to lead a special mission to Skako Minor As he approaches, Anakin looks up at him.

"Colonel," Anakin says.

"General," Han says respectfully in heavily accented English.

"I have spoken to the Council. They were extremely hesitant to allow this mission, but they agreed. However, they have some strict guidelines you must abide by. Casualties among the natives must be kept as low as possible. The Council also wants the only damage to any structures to be to the structures the Separatists are using to predict our strategies," Anakin says.

"Understood, General," Han says.

Anakin steps forward and lays a hand on Han's shoulder. "Good luck, Colonel," he says.

Han just nods before doing an about face and walking away.

Han makes his way out to the flightline, where his team is waiting. Anakin had helped Han pick the men that would be flying the mission. Much of the team was comprised of Pakistani SSG commandos, but also included the Bad Batch, Echo, Jesse, and several ARC troopers from the 212th.

As Hann approaches, one of the Pakistanis, Fahad Khan, stands up and says, "Good morning, Colonel."

"Good morning, Major," Han replies. Han then looks around at the rest of the strike team and says, "Alright, men. Let's go."

Everyone nods and gathers up their gear. They make their way over to two Black Hawk helicopters that are waiting for them. Once the men are all aboard, the two Black Hawks take off and start heading up into the sky.

In the sky over the Republic base is the Terran Star Destroyer TAS Dauntless. The Dauntless was assigned to take them to Skako Minor, and would then wait to pick them up.

The two Black Hawks fly up to the Dauntless, and proceed to land in the main hangar bay. The doors of the two Black Hawks open, and the team disembarks from the helicopters. They then make their way to the mess hall.

On the bridge, Rear Admiral Gary Roughead is waiting to hear that the team has arrived on the ship, while staring out of the front viewport. He's really hoping that this mission will work. They need such a success if they want to win at Anaxes.

Right then, an officer walks up behind Roughead. "Admiral," the Spanish officer says to draw Roughead's attention.

Roughead turns around. "Yes, Commander?" he asks.

"The team is aboard. All systems are go. We're ready to depart," the officer says.

"Very good," Roughead says. He then looks at the navigation officers and says, "Prepare to make the jump to hyperspace."

The Dauntless throttles up its engines and begins to climb out of the atmosphere. As it leaves the atmosphere, the bridge crew alter course to enable the ship to evade a battle taking place in space.

"Are we ready to make the jump to hyperspace?" Roughead asks.

"Yes, sir!" the hyperdrive officer responds.

"Make the jump!" Roughead orders.

The hyperdrive officer pushes the buttons, and with that familiar sight out of the viewport, the Dauntless makes the jump to hyperspace.

(Hours later)

Dauntless drops out of hyperspace. Out of the viewport, Skako Minor comes into view.