Chapter 7- Christmas with a Hitch

Anakin smiles as he blocks Lieutenant Wilson's attack. Captain Rommel tries to strike him, but Anakin steps back and blocks the blow.

It's been a week and a half since the ASAT team was assembled, and began their training under him and Master Windu. At first, the practiced with sticks, and graduated to actually practicing with the lightsabers four days ago.

Anakin leaps back, keeping his eyes on his two opponents. Wilson and Rommell slowly stalk around him, trying to divide his attention, both holding their lightsabers in front of them.

Anakin shifts his grip on his lightsaber and shifts his stance a bit. Rommell takes the chance and lunges towards Anakin, slashing at his leg. Anakin blocks the strike, only to have go back on the defensive as Wilson attacks him.

The three continue fighting for several more tense moments before Anakin clashes blades with Wilson and twists his saber out of his hand before kicking him in the chest. Rommell tries to attack him, but Anakin manages to get under his guard and bring his saber right up to Rommel's neck. Anakin holds that position for a moment before stepping away and chuckling.

"Good job, you two. You've both come a long way. Give it a little more practice, and I think you could hold your own against Ventress or even Dooku, maybe," Anakin says. Both men, and the rest of the ASAT Team, know who Ventress and Dooku are by this point.

"Thank you, General," Wilson says, who has reclaimed his lightsaber and clipped it to his belt.

"Skywalker." Anakin turns to see Mace walking towards him.

"How did it go, Master Windu?" he asks.

"Lieutenant Adams and Lieutenant Mofaz are both making great progress," Mace responds with a slight smile.

"Good. I think they'll be ready to take on Ventress or Dooku soon enough," Anakin says.

"Agreed," Mace says.

"Excuse me. Master Windu. Skyguy."

Mace and Anakin both turn to see Ahsoka walking into the room. "What is it, Snips?" Anakin asks.

"Sorry, to interrupt, Master. But if we don't leave now, we'll be late for the party," she says.

Anakin smiles. Today is December 24. Around the time of the UN meetings, President Bush had told them about a Terran holiday called Christmas. The Jedi and others from the Republic had found the reason for the holiday intriguing, but respected it given how important the individual known as Jesus Christ was in Terran culture. They also found the traditions surrounding the holiday very interesting.

A few days ago, President Bush had officially invited all the Jedi, Senator Organa (who was still on Terra), and some of the important military figures to attend a Christmas dinner and celebration at the White House the day before Christmas, known as Christmas Eve.

"Of course, Ahsoka. We'll be right out," Anakin says. He then turns to look at Rommell and Wilson and says, "You two are dismissed." The two nod and leave the room.

"Alright, Master Windu. Let's go," Anakin says.

"I still do not particularly approve of this," Mace says.

"Ahh, come on, Master Windu. We need to respect the Terran's traditions. And what's wrong with having a little fun?" Anakin says with a smile. Mace just sighs a bit, but follows Anakin out.

Ahsoka is waiting for them, and as they leave, follows them out of the building. The sun has just dipped below the horizon, and the sky is darkening, as they see a helicopter is waiting for them outside. The trio board the chopper, which smoothly lifts off and heads for D.C.