Chapter 23- Landing at Point Rain

Over Geonosis, the Resolute and her task force drop out of hyperspace. Up ahead of them, they can see the ships commanded by Master Ki Adi Mundi.

"There they are. Let's confer with Master Mundi and go over our strategy," Anakin says. He, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, and Colonel Hall make their way to where a briefing is ready to begin.

Entering the room, they gather around the holo-table, where holograms of Master Mundi, Master Yoda, Chancellor Palpatine, Master Luminara, and Master Windu are being projected.

"Hello, everyone," Anakin says.

"Ah, General Skywalker. So good to see you again," Chancellor Palpatine says. He then turns to look at Hall and says, "And who are you?"

"Colonel Tyler Hall, previously United States Army Delta Force, and now member of Terra's Anti-Sith Assault Team," Hall responds respectfully.

"Welcome, Colonel Hall. It is a pleasure to have you with us," Chancellor Palpatine says.

"Thank you, Excellency. The honor is mine," Hall says.

"Alright, let's commence with the briefing," Anakin says.

Obi Wan nods, then starts speaking. "Our ships are in position, and we are ready to begin our attacks against the Geonosians."

"What about Poggle? Any report on his location?" Mace asks.

"We believe he's holed up in the primary droid foundry, here," Obi Wan says, pointing to a map being projected from the holo table. "The factory is protected by a shield generator. Anakin, Ki Adi, Colonel Hall, and I will attempt a four pronged attack through their lines to a staging point just short of the shield. Once we have landed, we shall knock out the shield generator. That is our primary target."

"Isn't it risky committing three generals and one colonel to a single area of the attack? If something went wrong, both we and our new Terran allies could be dealt a serious blow," Palpatine says in concern.

"Have more faith in us, Chancellor. With Americans fighting with you now, this'll work," Hall says confidently.

"Agree with Colonel Hall, I do. This risk, worth it, it is. To ensure, that rise again, Geonosis does not, capture Poggle we must," Yoda responds.

"Of course. As always, I will leave the strategy to you, Master Jedi," Palpatine says.

"Thank you, Chancellor," Obi Wan says.

"May the Force be with us all," Mace says before the transmission cuts off, except for Master Mundi and Master Luminara. Almost immediately, Captain Rex, Commander Cody, and Lieutenant Colonel Alex Carter, commander of the 101st's 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, walk onto the bridge.

"Cody. These are the coordinates for the rendezvous," Obi Wan says as he zooms in to show the spot he's talking about.

"Yes, sir. When we hit the ground, we'll create a perimeter there. Getting past their defenses here will be the trick. General Mundi will comes across the defensive lines from the north. We'll make our attack on the defensive lines from the north east. General Skywalker will make his attack on the defensive lines from the south east. And Colonel Hall and his men will attack from the south. And we will meet at the rendezvous at 0700 exactly," Cody says, gesturing to the map as he's talking.

"If we meet with stiff resistance and are forced down away from the landing zone, hold out until we join our forces before attacking the shield generator," Master Mundi says.

"The front lines are heavily fortified. Look at that giant wall with all the gun emplacements. That won't be easy to get past," Ahsoka says.

"Don't worry. We're not going anywhere near that," Anakin says confidently.