Chapter 34- The Citadel

(February 1, 1993, Terran Time)

On Coruscant, a serious meeting has gathered in the Jedi Temple. A Jedi Master, Even Piell, had been captured with knowledge of a vital hyperspace lane known as the Nexus Route. Even worse, he had been taken to a deadly, nigh impenetrable prison known as The Citadel.

Present at the meeting are Plo Koon, Obi Wan, Anakin, Cody, Rex, Fives, Echo, and Captain Adams of the ASAT team.

"As you all know, The Citadel is their most isolated and impenetrable detention facility. No one has ever escaped," Plo says.

"There's a first time for everything," Anakin says.

"I agree with Skywalker," Adams says.

"Their security has prevented our probes from obtaining recent reconnaissance, so we've been forced to construct a crude map based upon data from the archives," Plo says as he brings up a hologram of The Citadel.

"And since the data is extremely old, the map will be difficult to rely on," Obi Wan says.

"So, we're essentially going in blind," Anakin says.

"Bed your pardon, General, but how do we know Master Piell is still alive?" Rex asks.

"The Separatist won't dare kill Master Piell until they have what they need," Obi Wan responds to the question.

"He obtained the coordinates of a secret hyperspace lane known as the Nexus Route, which travels into the heart of both the Republic and Separatist homeworlds," Plo explains.

"They could prove vital in maneuvering our forces deep into remote Separatist sectors," Obi Wan adds.

"Or the enemy could use them to slip through our defenses and attack Coruscant," Anakin adds.

"These hyperspace lanes are of immense interest to both our sides and could tip the scale of the war to whomever is in possession of them. That is all," Plo says.

Plo, Obi Wan, Anakin, and Adams all make their way out of the room. As they do, Plo says, "Based on the archive schematics, we've narrowed it down to three possible locations they could be holding him at."

"My greatest concern is infiltrating their outer security. The life form scanners will not be easy to fool," Obi Wan says.

"I've got a though about that," Anakin says with a grin.

"Master." Anakin glances back to see Ahsoka running up behind him.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I just heard about the briefing. We're going to rescue Mater Piell, right?" she asks.

The four Jedi and one Terran all slow to a stop, and Plo says, "You two have much to discuss," before he, Obi Wan, and Adams walk on.

"Are your men ready, Captain Adams?" Plo asks.

Adams nods. When the news came in that Piell had been captured, Adams had proposed sending one or two troops, 16 or 32 men total, from SEAL Team Six to rescue Piell. He had felt confident that SEAL Team Six could do the job, as they trained extensively for hostage rescue. However, the Council had denied it, and instead put together a joint Republic-Terran team that included Obi Wan, Anakin, Rex, Cody, Fives, Echo, two other clones, Adams, and three men from SEAL Team Six.

"Yep. My men are ready to go," Adams replies.

"Good. I hope they're up for the challenge," Plo says.

"Oh, I guarantee they are," Adams says.

They make their way down to the hangar, where Anakin quickly joins them. Adams makes his way over to the three SEALs, and asks, "You alright, men?"

"Yes, sir!" one of the SEALS by the name of Adam Collins responds.