30 | the one where they were chased

The wind hit them as Thomas opened the massive doors of the hangar, but that didn't stop the Gladers from running right into the sandstorm. By the time Janson's people were creating a search party to go after them they were already climbing up a dune. They managed to hide behind the sand and watched as the soldiers went in the wrong direction before Thomas ushered them to move again.

''Teresa, hang on! Stay together!'' Thomas yelled as Teresa sprinted ahead from the others.

''I think we lost them!'' Minho yelled as he looked back, making sure no one was following them and Y/n was still behind. Y/n was struggling to see due to the sand in her eyes so Minho quickly grabbed her wrist and led her in the right way.

''Keep going, guys! Let's go!'' Thomas yelled as they were now running downhill, causing some people to slip.

''Watch out!'' Minho said as he managed to catch Y/n from falling on her butt. ''Where are we even going?''

There were remains of a building in front of them and Y/n and Minho slid down after Teresa, who was looking at a hole in the windows. ''We can go in from here!'' Y/n called

''What the hell is this!''

Teresa stood in front of the hole, peering inside. Y/n looked, too, but she couldn't see anything due to how dark it was. Regardless, Teresa took a step in. ''Come on!''

''Teresa, wait! Don't go in there!'' Thomas called after, but it was too late.

''Get down here!'' Teresa yelled from inside.

Y/n stepped forward. ''Here it goes.'' She started sliding down the sand dune, almost tripping over her own feet a few times, but ultimately made it to the hard ground in one piece, Teresa catching her before she could face plant. The guys were yelling at each other to hurry as Y/n and Teresa stood side by side, looking around.

Minho came on Y/n's side and took off the backpack he'd stolen from WICKED, putting it on the ground and rummaging through it. He pulled out a flashlight and turned it on, pointing it around the building. There was debris, sand and dust everywhere, so it must've been abandoned for a long time.

Minho turned around to face the group. ''Where the hell are we?''

Thomas started to take steps back, Minho following after. ''We gotta go.''

''No.'' Teresa said.

''We gotta keep moving.''

''Thomas, stop!'' Thomas and Minho turned to look back at the group in confusion. ''Tell me what's going on.''

Thomas walked closer to her. ''It's WICKED. It's WICKED. They lied to us. We never escaped. Me and Aris, we found bodies. Too many to count.''

Everyone looked at Thomas in surprise. ''What do you mean? Dead bodies?''

''No.'' Thomas looked at the ground. ''But they weren't alive either. They had them strung up. With tubes coming out of them. They were being . . . They were being drained. There's something inside of us that WICKED wants. Something in our blood. So we have to get far away from them as possible.''

There was an ache in Y/n's head and she closed her eyes for a moment. They quickly snapped open again and looked around the group. ''It's because we're immune.'' Everyone turned back to look at Y/n. ''We can't contract the virus. There's something in our blood that's repelling the virus, but they don't know what. And they'll stop at nothing to find out, as we can see.'' Y/n made eye contact with Teresa, who's eyebrows were furrowed as she rubbed the back of her neck.

''Y/n's right, that's why we need to get as far from them as possible,'' Thomas agreed.

Newt started nodding his head. ''Okay. So, what's the plan?'' Thomas remained silent. ''You do have a plan, right?''

the one where they're runners | minho x fem!reader ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें