43 | the one where they jumped

Y/n wasn't sure when she'd fallen asleep or how long she'd rested for. Despite the circumstances, she was sure this was the best sleep she'd had in the past few months, but was roughly disturbed by the sound of the heavy door opening and four soldiers marching it. That seemed to wake Minho up, too. He sat up quickly putting out an arm in front of Y/n, but it was useless as the soldiers grabbed him and started dragging him out, doing the same thing with Y/n.

''Where are we going?'' Y/n asked as they walked down the corridors, watching Minho's back. She didn't care where they were going, she just didn't want to get separated from Minho now. Not when they'd just found each other.

She received no answer, so she didn't bother asking again. Minho tried to look back at her, but his head was roughly shoved to the front.

Fortunately for both of them, they were brought in a room together. There were two beds in the middle, almost next to each other. Each of them was forced down, each of them struggled and tried to get to the other, but to no avail. Each of them got a shot in the arm, sedating them slowly.

''Minho,'' Y/n said as she looked at him through her half-lidded and blurry eyes. One of his arms was stretched towards her, but he was falling unconscious, too. The last thing she heard was a call of her name.

She didn't know how long she was under the anesthesia, but next thing she heard was a scream. Her eyes shot open and she looked at Minho, who kicked away a guard rushing up at him. Then he took on another doctor, sending him to the ground. Y/n's instincts kicked in, quickly getting up from her bed as Minho flung the doctor over it, grabbing one of the needles from the table between the beds and rushing over to the female doctor, stabbing the needle in her neck and pressing — she wasn't sure what was inside, but she didn't care. The woman fell to the ground, clutching her neck.

Minho let out a sudden cry and ran towards the guard who'd gotten up and pointed his gun out. Minho kicked it away from his hand and Y/n scrambled over to pick it up as Minho had the guard pinned down. Y/n took the safety off and pointed the gun at the man's thigh, shooting two bullets for good measure and hearing his scream. For some reason, that felt oddly satisfying.

She looked down at her exposed wrist, seeing the veins returning. No matter. She could hear someone calling her and Minho's names from outside. She had to get him out of here first, then she can worry about herself.

''You okay?'' Minho asked as he got up and put his hands on her shoulder.

She nodded. ''Come on, we gotta get out of here while we still can.''

The two ran out, Y/n shooting down any soldiers following after them. Minho was in the front, noticing a soldier yelling at someone to get down and holding his weapon up. Quickly, Minho ran over, his bare feet slapping the ground and making them ache, but he threw himself on the guard, catching his suit and yelling in his face before he threw him through a window. Y/n quickly ran in next to him, pointing her gun at the solider inside in case he moved.

Minho panted hard as he turned to look down the hallway, his eyes falling on his friends. He nudged Y/n and she turned to look at Thomas and Newt as well. The two called out their names and ran over to them, the four embracing each other tightly.

Minho pulled away from a moment, looking over the two. Thomas and Newt. Newt and Thomas. They were there, and Y/n was there and they were almost at the brink of freedom. It seemed to good to be true. He didn't know how they'd gotten there, but at that moment, he didn't care. He finally had his most important people back. ''Is this real?''

Thomas and Newt were smiling. Thomas patted Minho on the back and Y/n felt like crying. They'd come back for them. She couldn't believe it. Her eyes fell on Newt, seeing his sweaty hair and the bags under his eyes. A chill ran down her spine. She hoped it wasn't what she thought it was.

''I got him! I got him! Over there!''

Three guards appeared at the end of the hallway and Thomas quickly beckoned everyone to run. Y/n stood at the back, her pistol at the ready in case she needed to protect the others, seeing as Thomas and Newt didn't have any weapons.

They took another turn and ran forward, only to be cornered by more guards. They tried to go back only to be met with Janson, who started shooting at them. Y/n shot back once, twice, three times before her gun ran out and she threw it at Janson, feeling someone's arm pulling her inside a room.

Thomas slammed the door after he'd let go of her arm, turning the lock. There were grunts and someone hitting the door from outside, but it wasn't budging. The four Gladers quickly got to work, pushing some shelves in front of the door even though they probably wouldn't do much.

Y/n looked behind them, seeing a glass wall, revealing how high up they actually were. ''You've got to be shitting me.''

The three boys that were looking at the door backed up, too. Newt looked behind him at Y/n's remark, seeing their situation as well. ''Oh, shit.''

''What do we do?'' Y/n didn't receive an answer as everyone spread out, trying to look for something, anything that would help them escape.

The sudden whirring of a drill caught their attention. Sparks flew through the door. Janson was trying to break in.

''Any ideas?'' Minho yelled over the noise.

The three turned around, seeing Thomas look down through the glass wall. He turned around to face his friends, exhaling. ''Maybe.''

When she'd fallen off the train a few days ago, Y/n thought she would miss Thomas and his crazy plans. But now, as the boys threw a gas container through the window to break it and as she watching it fall all the way down in a pool of water, Y/n was starting to think she hadn't missed him that much.

The four looked down, Y/n's bare feet trying not to step on the broken glass. Her stomach turned as she saw the height and she felt like throwing up. ''Okay, it's doable. Just need a little running start.''

''This is crazy,'' Y/n whispered as she backed up. She'd rather die escaping from WICKED than get shot down by one of them. Or get taken by the Flare. Thomas joined her and Minho and Newt shared a look before looking back down at the pool.

Thomas jumped up a few times in preparations. Y/n reached in her pocket, feeling the three vials of Bliss. She told herself she wouldn't use them, but as she took one look at Newt, she decided to protect them from the fall. There was a nagging feeling at her gut telling her he would need them.

Minho came up to her, grabbing her hand for a moment. Janson's people were getting closer to opening the door, so they had to act quick. She looked down at their hands, seeing her black veins returning. The Bliss didn't help much, but it delayed her virus enough so she can help get Minho out of there. Maybe that was the one thing she owed Teresa for.

''You sure about this?'' Minho asked.

''Not really,'' Thomas shook his head.

All three of them looked at him. ''Nice pep talk,'' Minho said.

''Yeah, we're all bloody inspired,'' Newt said, causing Y/n to snort. She gave Minho's hand one last squeeze before she let go, making sure her other hand was clutching the vials.

''Let's go on three,'' Y/n said. But there was no time for a countdown as the door was suddenly pushed open, Janson running in. The four rushed over the edge, jumping straight out.

''THOMAS!'' Minho yelled as his body plunged to the ground, his stomach turning around in his body.

''OH, SHIT!''