1 | the one where she woke up in the box

[PRE-THOMAS ARRIVAL]

Darkness. That was the first thing she saw when her eyes opened.

Her lungs felt like they were on fire as she coughed, water dripping down her chin and emptying from her throat. Her back was pressed against a cold metal grid and there was a loud noise blaring. Her head rolled to the side and a groan escaped her lips, unsure of what was going on around her.

Her eyes finally focused, making out a faint red light somewhere on her left. ''What the fuck . . .?''

Propping herself up with her arms, she tried to look around. The metal dug into her elbows painfully and she quickly sat up, hearing the rattles around her. Slowly, she got onto her feet, touching around the darkness in hopes of figuring out where she was.

''Hello?'' she called out, yet received no answer. ''Hello?''

Suddenly, the ground under her feet rattled and started moving up, causing her to fall down on her back painfully. Her eyes were wide and palms sweaty, even though it was cold around her. Breathing quickening, she quickly got back to her feet again and touched around, finding something made out of wood to hold on to.

''HELP ME!'' she yelled out as loud as she could. The ground continued rising up. ''HELP ME, PLEASE!''

The high speed of the floor was causing her to sway and need to hold on the wood piece for her life. Then it came to a sudden halt, sending her flying in the air for a moment before falling back on the ground, this time on her front. A loud groan escaped her lips as the wind was almost fully knocked out of her lungs.

An alarm blared again and sunlight started peering in her prison. Quickly, she crawled behind a crate and hugged her legs close to herself, her eyes squinted as the sun burned them.

Voices from above grabbed her attention and she looked up, only to see two metal grid doors. Was she in a box? Why was she in a box? As she looked around, there were multiple crates, one of which moving and letting out squeals - was there a beast inside? Was she going to have to fight something in order to entertain her captors?

The two doors above her were opened, but she still hid behind one of the wooden crates. ''Go get the Greenie, Gally!''

Someone jumped in, rattling the box with their weight. She pulled her legs even closer to herself, trying to make herself as small as possible so her captors won't see her.

''Where the shuck is the Greenie?'' a deep voice asked - the person who'd jumped in the box.

They were close, she concluded. Taking a peek from behind the crate, she noticed a boy standing in the middle of the box, hands on his hips and his weirdly-shaped eyebrows furrowed. She gulped and stood on one knee, her hands on the ground as if she was about to run.

Before the boy could search further, she jumped up from behind the crate and yelled, throwing a punch at the boy's cheek, sending him back a few steps. She panted as she stood in front of him, her fists raised in front of her face - she didn't think she was very strong considering she barely did the boy any damage, but it was better than nothing.

''DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!'' she yelled out, taking a few steps back, her butt hitting a crate which cut her way.

''A girl?''

''What? What do you mean a girl?''

''How is there a girl?''

Murmurs filled her ears and she looked up to see a bunch of boys surrounding her prison and looking down at her as if she was a caged animal, which scared her even more. A groan followed and her eyes fell back to the boy in front of her, who was holding his temple and looking at her with his eyes narrowed.