22 | the one where they found the way

Gally had been the one tasked with taking Thomas to the pit for the night, which left Minho and Y/n to go back to their room alone. By the time they were at the door, Y/n could see Minho could barely move, considering he'd been awake for over twenty-four hours already.

Minho collapsed on the mattress the moment he arrived, not taking off his shoes - he'd left his feet dangle off the end, not wanting to get the mattress dirtier than it probably was, and let his eyes close.

Y/n stood in front of the closed door, watching as he finally relaxed. His chest was raising up and down slowly and he looked at peace. Her mind couldn't help but wander to what would've happened if Minho hadn't come back. Relief flooded through her whole body as she saw his mouth open.

''Are you gonna stand there and stare at me all night or you're gonna come over here?'' Minho remained motionless, his eyes still closed and his hands over his stomach as he spoke.

Y/n rolled her eyes and walked over to him. She unlaced his boots and took them off, noticing there were imprints on his skin from how tight they'd been laced. Putting them next to the bed, she took her own shoes off as well, then laid down on her side next to Minho and simply looked at him.

''I'm so glad you're alive.'' She'd said that already earlier. But she was so scared the night before that she couldn't even begin to properly describe how she was feeling.

Minho felt like he can pass out any second now, but he still turned on his side and opened his eyes halfway, just enough to be able to see her face. ''Me too.'' He lifted his heavy hand and put it on her cheek, stroking his thumb over it as a small smile plastered over his face. ''We'll be out of here soon, princess.''

Y/n felt her cheeks heat up at the pet name. She put her hand over his on her cheek, smiling up at him. ''And then we'll see the ocean.''

Minho's eyes closed again as he pulled her closer to himself, wrapping his arms around her body. A content sigh escaped his lips, feeling his body shutting down for the night. ''And then we'll see the ocean.''

He'd managed to catch a few hours of sleep before his internal clock woke him up. Despite being so exhausted the night before and barely getting his eight hours tonight, Minho felt better than ever. He wasn't sure if it was because he had an exciting day ahead or because he could wake up with her still snuggled into him.

He looked down at Y/n, still sleeping peacefully in his arms as her mouth was slightly parted. He almost didn't want to wake her up. ''Y/n,'' he said as he ran his fingers through her hair. ''You gotta get up, shank. We have to let Thomas out.''

Y/n let out a low groan before burying her face in his chest again. ''He can let himself out.''

Minho chuckled. ''He's locked up. The point is for him not to be able to do that.''

Soon enough, he got Y/n to wake up. Minho went to fetch the keys from Newt and get Thomas before they would meet on the way to the Map Room while Y/n was still getting ready. As Y/n walked out of the Homestead, she noticed Teresa sitting up in one of the hammocks - Y/n recognized the place, seeing as that specific hammock used to be hers when she first arrived at the Glade.

''Teresa.'' The girl faced Y/n at the call of her name. ''You're awake?''

''Yes.''

Y/n was taken aback by her tone. ''Oh, uh. Did you . . . sleep well?''

''Fine.''

By then Y/n was sure Teresa had no desire to talk to her. ''Good that. I'll . . . just go. I have to meet up with Minho and Thomas.''

Teresa didn't say anything, opting to give her a look - her eyebrows were furrowed as her piercing blue eyes looked at the Runner, causing Y/n to feel chills down her spine. Quickly in, she turned around and started jogging towards the doors. She feels so hostile today. Does she have a problem with me?