16 | the one where they met thomas

[THE MAZE RUNNER]

''Wake up, shank. We gotta go eat breakfast.''

Y/n groaned as she turned on her side, hogging the blanket closer. ''Just five more minutes.''

''You already said that five minutes ago.''

''I don't remember that.'' Y/n said as she felt the mattress shift. After about a minute, she finally turned towards the door and opened her eyes, seeing Minho shuffling around the room, getting ready for the day. She laid there for a moment, just admiring him as he laced up his boots.

Minho, feeling her stare, looked up at her. ''What're you staring at me for?''

''What, I can't admire my boyfriend?'' asked Y/n, her eyes following his as he stood up.

''You can admire me all you want in the Maze,'' Minho told her, swiftly yanking the blanket off her, causing her to yelp as she felt the cold air hitting her skin.

''Minho!''

''Sorry, sweetheart, but we really gotta go,'' Minho told her again. With a groan, Y/n finally got up.

The two soon found themselves exiting the Homestead and maneuvering through the hammock with the still-sleeping non-Runners. ''Ah, man, I'm so tired.''

''That's why you shouldn't have stayed up 'till so late playing cards last night,'' Minho said as he watched her rub her eye.

Y/n immediately countered. ''The deck Ben made looked nice, okay? And I had to beat him because he won last time.''

''And did you win?''

''. . . No.''

Minho laughed at her disappointed face, earning himself a slap on the shoulder.

''Y/n! Minho!'' The two stopped and turned around, seeing none other than Chuck running up to them, panting slightly as he finally caught up. ''Mornin'.''

''Why're you up so early, Chuckie?'' asked Y/n as she ruffled his curls, causing him to groan and try to fix his hair.

''Dunno. Woke up early,'' Chuck said as the three continued their walk to the kitchens.

''So, Chuck,'' Minho said as he slapped a hand on Chuck's shoulder. ''You're about to be promoted today. How're you feelin'?''

''Great that you shanks won't call me Greenie anymore.'' Chuck admitted, putting his hands on his hips before grinning. ''Besides, I'm gonna be on Greenie duty. Which means I basically have half a day free.''

Y/n laughed. ''Don't be so sure, Chuck. Greenies can be a handful.''

Minho nodded in agreement. ''Yeah. That shank right here wouldn't leave my side her whole first day. I know I have irresistible charms, but she really was a pain in the ass.''

That earned him another slap on the shoulder, this time harder. Chuck chuckled as the three finally arrived at the kitchens and sat down to eat with the rest of the Runners.

As she ate, Y/n couldn't believe it's been over a year since she first arrived at the Glade. It felt so far away and yet just like yesterday. It's been much longer for Minho and yet they were still there, living the same monotonous life every day. It could get tiring at times, but at the end of the day, she knew with Minho by her side, it would be fine.

''You thinking about me?'' Minho whispered as he nudged her side, noticing her deep in thought.

Y/n turned to him and scoffed. ''As if. I was thinking how amazing Fry's pancakes are.''