12 | the one where it rained

She was sitting on a medical chair, one of her little arms laying over the armrest, palm up. She looked around the white doctor room, wondering what she could be doing there. The door in front of her opened and in walked three doctors wearing white coats, one of them holding a clipboard and all of them wearing surgical masks.

''Subject A24,'' one of the two women spoke as she sat down on a chair on Y/n's right. ''I see you're ready already. We'll be quick.''

The second woman brought a syringe, while the man stood in front of Y/n's chair, taking notes. Y/n, upon noticing the syringe, gulped and felt tears prickle her eyes. ''I don't wanna . . .'' Y/n's voice sounded smaller, younger.

''It'll be put to good use, Y/n,'' the doctor sitting next to her, now holding a syringe, said. That didn't help Y/n's nerves. ''Remember, WICKED is good.''

Wicked is good.

Y/n woke up with a start again, sitting up in her bed and, without realizing, bumping her forehead with someone.

''Shucking hell.''

Wincing, Y/n touched over her numb forehead; opening her eyes, she noticed Minho sitting on her mattress in front of her, his eyes tightly closed.

''Minho? Shuck, sorry.''

''Holy klunk, I think you gave me a concussion.'' Minho rubbed his forehead one last time before opening his eyes to look at Y/n. ''You okay? You looked like you were having a nightmare.''

Y/n ran a hang through her hair. ''Not really a nightmare. I think it was another memory. And I found out I'm not really good around needles.''

Minho nodded. Despite his worry, he changed the topic. ''It's almost breakfast time.''

Looking down at her watch, Y/n realized he'd woken her up just a few minutes before her alarm would go off. ''Alright, let's go.''

There were a few clouds in the sky, but Minho and Y/n didn't let that bother them as they ran into the Maze with their lunches and waters. Once the doors had opened, they were off.

The more they ran the worse the weather got. Y/n looked up to see the sky had turned gray, then turned back to Minho. ''Do you think it's gonna rain?''

Minho looked up as well, shrugging. ''Looks like it. We should probably go back.''

As if the weather wasn't bad enough, as they turned around to run back to the Glade, they heard the dreadful mechanical sound of a Griever not too far away. Y/n's blood ran cold and Minho quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her in front of him. ''C'mon, go, go, go!'' Minho whisper-yelled, trying to get as far away from the Griever as possible.

And then the rain started falling. The Griever was still on their tail and they couldn't bring it back to the Glade, so they had to run deeper into the Maze; just like last time, Y/n led them down to a different section.

''Take a left!'' Minho told her and she did as told.

The ground was getting wetter by the second and since her shoes were not created for running on slippery surfaces, she felt herself slip, her ankle bending in an odd way before she fell to her side.

''SHUCK!" Y/n yelled as clutched her leg, momentarily forgetting about the Griever chasing them. Her eyes widened when she heard the Griever shrieking, looking up at Minho who was looking back with a stern expression.

He looked down at her and quickly helped her stand. ''Come on, I know a shortcut.'' Minho threw one of her arms around his shoulder and quickly ran down two hallways before he stopped behind a corner, realizing Y/n couldn't go as quick as he expected.