33 | the one where they listened to real music

She was alone in a room. There was a bed and a small table, as well as two doors across from her. She was sitting on the bed with her feet dangling, too short to reach the ground. There were no windows, the only light being provided from a lightbulb hanging in the middle of the ceiling. A metal plate was put on the wall, right next to the door. W.I.C.K.E.D., the plate said.

The heavy door was suddenly opened and in walked two heavy armored men along with a blonde woman. Her red-tinted lips were upturned in a gentle smile.

''Y/n, we'll be bringing you to meet the other kids now,'' the woman spoke - she sounded gentle, making Y/n want to trust her.

''The other kids?'' Y/n asked in her small voice. ''Why have I never met them?''

''Because it was never the time, my dear,'' the woman spoke as she put her hand out. ''Come on, now, you don't want to waste time.''

Y/n took a moment before she slid off the bed and slowly made her way towards the woman. She took the woman's bigger hand with her small one and followed after her. The two, along with the guard behind them, walked down the plain hallways. Y/n kept her eyes ahead, wondering where the other kids were.

A window appeared. Y/n was too short to see inside, but there were a few heads moving around. She didn't dare move, not wanting to anger the woman. They stopped in front of a door and the woman took a card out of her pocket, swiping it through a card reader and the door opened.

Boys. There were multiple boys inside the cafeteria. Y/n looked around, thinking her eyes must be deceiving her. Alas, the more she looked, the more convinced she became there were no other girls around.

''Go on, now, Y/n,'' the woman urged her, but Y/n didn't move from her place. ''Is there something wrong?''

Y/n looked up at the woman, opened her mouth and closed it again. She took another look at the boys, locking eyes with one - dark hair, a raised eyebrow. He was sitting with two more boys, who'd noticed her staring and also turned to look.

''There's . . . no problem.'' Y/n let go of the woman's hand and stepped through the door, immediately feeling all eyes on her. A sound behind her caused her to jump. She turned around, only to be faced with the door, and gulped.

''Hey.''

She looked forward again, seeing the boy she'd made eye contact with before. He was standing in front of her, his hands on his hips. He wasn't much taller than her, but she was still looking up at him.

''Yes?'' she asked.

''You're a girl,'' the boy pointed out the obvious.

Y/n quirked an eyebrow. ''I thought that was obvious enough.''

''We don't have girls here,'' the boy said. ''Why're you here?''

''Dunno.'' Y/n shrugged. ''The Chancellor brought me here.''

Y/n rubbed her forearm as she took a look around, noticing all the boys still looking at her. The boy took a notice. ''Come on, you can sit with us.'' Unsure of what to say, Y/n followed. The boy turned to face her. ''I'm Minho, by the way. That's what they call me, anyway.''

''I'm Y/n,'' she said. ''I think. I'm not used to the new name.''

''Don't think any of us are,'' Minho said as he grabbed her hand to pull her to walk quicker. ''Say, Y/n, do you like bread?''