29 | the one where thomas was right, again

''I wanna know what's behind that door.''

Y/n halted her eating and looked up at Thomas. He was looking at the door, almost as if he was trying to open the with his mind or using x-ray to see through. The Gladers were back in the cafeteria, eating their lunch as Janson was calling out more people to bring to the so-called safe place.

''Now, we've been over this,'' Newt spoke quietly. ''You said they were covered up so you don't know what you saw.''

Thomas had snuck out the night before and had apparently seen bodies being brought into a room with white cloths covering them. He was convinced they were the people Janson calls to take away.

''I know exactly what I saw. They were bodies,'' Thomas repeated. ''Aris said they bring a new batch every night.''

Minho furrowed his eyebrows. ''Who the hell is Aris?'' Thomas pointed towards the boy who's apparently been here for a week. ''Well, I'm sold.''

''I believe Thomas, this place is weird,'' Y/n said as she continued digging into her food. ''It gives me the creeps, really.''

''You seem to be enjoying yourself, though,'' Frypan said, nodding towards her almost finished plate.

Y/n gulped down her food so she can speak properly. ''Just because they're suspicious doesn't mean their cooks aren't good.''

People started clapping as the new 'lucky' ones are taken away. Y/n bit her lip as she watched them go, feeling bad that they didn't know what was expecting them.

''Okay, until we know anything for certain, we should just keep our heads down and try not to draw any attention, all right?'' Newt ordered, though Thomas didn't look like he was listening.

That proved to be true as it didn't take him even a second to get up and start walking towards the doors, trying to follow after the group that was being led out.

''What is he doing?'' asked Newt as he straightened up.

''I think he's drawing attention to himself.'' Frypan explained the obvious.

Everyone turned around to watch as Thomas tried to push through and the guard wouldn't let him. Thomas turned around and pursed his lips. Y/n put her fork down. ''That shank is about to pull something stupid, isn't he?''

And Thomas suddenly turned around and tried to run through the doors, but the guards quickly caught him and pushed him back. ''Back off!''

All Gladers suddenly stood up and ran towards Thomas and the guards. ''What's your problem, man? What the hell?''

''Back off!''

All guys pulled Thomas back and Y/n noticed Janson running towards them. He pushed through the two guards and looked at Thomas in anger. ''What's happening here? Thomas? I thought we could trust each other.''

Once again, Y/n felt a headache forming in the back of her head, but she decided to ignore it.

''You know we're all on the same team here.'' Janson placed a hand on Thomas' shoulder.

Thomas nodded. ''Are we?''

Janson put his hand down, his expression remaining calm. ''Get them to their bunks.''

The Gladers were forced back into their dorm, getting locked in immediately. As they made it in, Y/n sat down on her bed, putting her head in her hands and trying to get the headache to go away.

''What the hell was that about?'' Minho asked.

Newt joined in. ''You didn't really think they were just gonna let you through?''