Chapter 5: Professor Jang

Start from the beginning

  "I know that you guys don't get along, that's actually why I chose to group you guys together. You may think I'm crazy, I know. However, I feel you guys can create something really good if you guys work through your differences with each other. I know they can't stand you, but sometimes it's rivals who work best together.  Trust me, they do. I should

know. It will be difficult, but I have faith that you guys will be able to find a way into making this work. They are very talented, just like you. Each of them have so much passion for music performance, and I guess all I can say is to try. I also want you to change your behavior, Jungkook." At his frown she gave him a knowing look." What? You think I don't know you have no friends?" She asks. Jungkook looks petulantly at his feet. She sighed and stood up, walking around the desk and leaned against it looking at him fondly.   "I know you are a very good person. Jungkook. I've only known you for a year, but despite what people say or what has happened in your life, you are a very kind soul. I'm very honored to be your professor and to have you as a student. I know, most students, especially in college, aren't close or friendly to their professors, but I don't want that with my students. Especially you. You know? You remind me of my son. Your big eyes and passion for things. Mine was like that at only three years old. Now, I am not asking you to talk to me or come to me for help just because you remind me of my son, but, I know you're a good person, so it makes me sad to see you all alone all the time. It makes me sad that people judge you and don't see how talented you are. I want you to show the real you. The person you show me. Okay?"

Jungkook blushes a little at the compliments. Yes, he has teachers and professors give him compliments but it has always been on his grades or work. Never on his actual way of being. It has been so long since someone has complimented him that way. Maybe, just maybe he can come to her here and then, he thinks.

"Oh, uhm thank you. But what if we truly can't come to work together? How are you so sure we won't keep arguing and at least get along?"

"That won't happen. You guys are mature enough in what you love to be fighting. Also, this will help you guys separate personal from professional emotions. Not many people will love or like you in any work field and you may not like other people too, but you still have to try putting personal feelings aside. Also, you guys think you both hate each other so much but not really in my view. You know, when I was in high school, I got paired with the boy I most hated. We truly hated each other and would prank or call each other nasty names. I didn't know how we would be able to work together, we were so different. However, we ended up making it work and we became friends surprisingly. We also found that we shared at least a few common interests. One of the big ones being music. We became each other's pillar  and were for a long time. Long story short, we ended up getting married and having kids. At a young age for sure, but from then I saw that everyone can possibly work together. I have faith you guys will. If not, if you guys can't absolutely get alone, then I'll rethink my decision.

okay? But just try. Don't give up yet." She shares and Jungkook nods, knowing she has a point.

"I'll try." He says and earns a smile from the older woman. "Any more questions Jungkook-ssi?" She asks.

"I'm-" he stops when a loud grumble fills the room. Jungkook's eyes widened in embarrassment and looked down. He was hungry. How could he not, it was almost 3pm and he still hadn't eaten anything since the day before. He knew he should have eaten but the pain he was feeling distracted him from even having a drink.

"I'm sorry about that. Anyways, I am fine, that is all I wanted to ask or talk to you about." He says trying to get up fast and leave the room so that he doesn't bother her anymore or embarrass himself more than he already has. Professor Jang stops him. "Hey, don't get up fast, you will get more sore. It is okay. "Have you eaten lunch?"