Chapter 86 - we all need vacation

Tony had managed to fry the island before it could fall on to the world and kill everyone and Ultron was defeated. The group was no longer needed and we decided to all get a break and take some time off. You could also call it vacation. Natasha and I decided to stay a little longer with Clint and his family. Even though she doesnt want to admit it, I know that Natashas injury is pretty bad and she'll need a lot of training to get back into shape.

Clint decided to invite Wanda too, because he felt bad and responsible for her brothers death.

The second the Jet landed in Clints backyard, we could hear children's giggling and screaming through the doors. When they opened the faces of Clints cute son and daughter appeared in front of us. „Y/N!" Lila screamed and rushed over to me. Without a warning she jumped up my arm and hugged into my side. „Hey little one! How are you doing?" I chuckled. „I'm good. Did you get all the bad guys?" „As always. Of course I did." I laughed and let her back down. She walked over to Natasha who was still sitting on the bench. She hugged her, but jumped back quickly when Natashas groan was the answer. „I'm sorry, Auntie Nat. I didn't mean to hurt you." She apologized and Nat looked at her with frustration in her eyes. „You don't have to apologize honey. Nothing happened, I'm all good." She answered, but I could hear how hurt she was. I walked over to her and helped her stand up. „I got you, Babe. I'm really tired, would you like to join me in a nap?" I said and hoped she'd get over her pride for once. She took my hand and just nodded quickly. Then Laura walked over to us and looked down to Natashas leg with a pained expression „Are you okay? What happened?". „Nothing. It's nothing, really. Don't worry about it Laura. How is the little traitor doing?" Natasha answered and gave her a weak smile. „He's just great. Can't wait to actually meet him." Laura answered and walked over to her husband. „Thanks everyone for the heartwarming welcome, but we are tired and going to go take a little nap. You all have a great afternoon!!" I spoke into the group and led my girlfriend down the ramp of the plane.

———

I woke up from the bright light of the sunrise hitting my face. My mind was still tired tho and so I turned around and cuddled up closer to my sleeping girlfriend.

Natasha moved slightly, but then quickly went back to sleep.

It has been three weeks since our fight with Ultron. We all needed a break more than anything and spending it with Clints family was the right call to make. Natashas injury turned out worse than we thought and even tho she'd never admit it to herself, she might not get her old training level back. I've been helping her with the rehabilitation every day, but her frustration is getting ahold of her and she barely comes out of bed anymore. I wish I could help her, but I don't know how...

Yelena and Kate joined us a week ago. Yelena is also still recovering from her injury, so its more a hospital here than it is anything else.

I've been helping Laura a lot with the kids, now that she is reaching the end of her pregnancy and can't do many things by herself anymore. Lila and Cooper are the funniest little humans I ever got to meet. We've done a lot of baking and gardening together and Lila is also an incredible artist and so she draws pictures for me and Nat everyday.

*knock knock knock*

„Yeah...?" I croaked with my raspy morning voice. „So hot..." I heard Natasha mumble in her sleep, making me laugh. „Are you awake, Auntie Y/N?" Lilas sweet little voice appeared behind the door and I let out another laugh. „Yes. I'm awake. I'll be right out. Just give me a second, Lila." I responded and placed a kiss on my girlfriends forehead before getting up and dressed to go play with the kid.

„Where'd you go, honey?" I shouted through the kitchen. „boooo." Lila screamed from underneath me and I stumbled back a couple of steps, frightened by the little girl. She couldnt contain her laughter and of course she had a really proud look on her face. „Did I scare you?" She asked, still laughing a bit. „Yes. You definitely did." I said, laughing with her. „Why are you up this early? You should still be asleep young lady." I jokingly said. „I'm not tired anymore and I really wanted to make breakfast for everyone. Can you help me, please?" She said with her puppy eyes and of course I couldn't say no to that. „Of course, honey. What are you trying to make?" I asked her and she placed her finger on her chin and thought for a moment. „Pancakes!!!!" She then screamed and we both bursted out laughing.