Chapter - 08

In the hospital

Xiao Zhan was waiting outside for his father. His father's regular doctor was checking him.

After sometime, the doctor called him inside and told him to sat beside his father who was sitting in front of the doctor's desk.

"How is my father doing, Dr. Wen?" Asked Zhan to the doctor.

"He isn't doing well, Zhan. His heart is getting weak day by day." Replied Dr. Wen.

"But I am following everything which you told me to do." Said Mr. Xiao.

"Well.... your heart became weak after your heart attack. Your medicine is helping you to stay strong." Said Dr. Wen.

"What should we do now, Dr. Wen?" Asked Zhan.

"It would be good if he had heart transplant. But the medical expenses would be very high as you know it's a private hospital." Said Dr. Wen.

"You don't need to worry about money. Just tell me when the surgery should be done." Said Zhan.

"If we get suitable donar for your father then we can do the surgery." Said Dr. Wen.

"How much will it cost, doctor?" Asked Mr. Xiao.

"Dad, don't worry about money." Said Zhan.

"Let Dr. Wen answer my question, Zhan." Said Mr. Xiao.

"If I calculate the whole expenses from your surgery to your discharge, it would cost more than one million youn." Said Dr. Wen.

Zhan wasn't surprised but he was worried how would he or his family arrange the huge amount of money.

Mr. Xiao was sad hearing that. He knew his medical expenses was high. He knew his family couldn't collect the huge amount of money in a short time. He knew his children loved him very much and did everything for him but didn't want to became a burden on them.

"I won't do the surgery." Said Mr. Xiao.

"What are you saying dad?" Said Zhan.

"Zhan, stop trying now. I will leave when my time comes so don't waste money on me." Said Mr. Xiao.

"Dad, how could you say that? You will be fine. We will work hard till we have our breath so stop talking nonsense." Said Zhan. He was hurt hearing his father's words but he couldn't get angry because he knew his father didn't want to be a burden on them. His family members told his father many times that he wasn't a burden but still he thought like that.

"Dr. Wen.... can you give me some time to arrange the money? Can you prescribe medication for my dad for few months so that I can arrange the money?" Said Zhan.

"Well....you have one year. It would be good if Mr. Xiao could get the new heart in this year." Said Dr. Wen and Zhan nodded.

One year was quite enough for Zhan. He had his savings. He could earn money from share marketing. He would cut all unnecessary expenses. Then he could get a loan from his company. His elder siblings and brother-in-law would help him too. His mother's cafe was going well. Overall they could get the money in one year.