Chapter - 10

In Xiao Mansion

Everyone of the Xiao family had a peaceful dinner. Now they were sitting in the living room while chatting among themselves. Suddenly Mrs. Xiao Xin remembered something and turned to Cheng Xiao.

"Cheng Xiao, why didn't you pay your tution fees yet?" Asked Mrs. Xiao Xin to Cheng Xiao.

"What are you saying mom? Isn't Xiao Xiao already paid the fees?" Asked Xiao Lei.

"Yeah, Zhan already gave her the money." Said Li Qin while Cheng Xiao stayed silent.

"No, she didn't pay the fees for three months." Said Xin.

"What?" Said Mr. Xiao Ming.

"Yeah, I received a call from her university in the morning but I forget about it because I was busy at the cafe." Said Xin.

"Why didn't you pay your tution fees yet?" Asked Ming to Cheng Xiao.

"I... I...." Cheng Xiao didn't know how to explain it.

"It's okay. I will transfer the money tomorrow." Said Xiao Zhan who was silent all the time.

"Why will you give her money again? What did she do with the money you gave her before?" Asked Xin.

"Mom, I... I spent the money." Said Cheng Xiao.

"You what? Where did you spend the money? It's not any small amount." Said Xin.

"She needs it. She already told me." Said Zhan.

"Why did she need that much money?" Asked Li Qin.

"Because I need to buy gift for my friend. I just can't give him something cheap." Said Cheng Xiao.

"You can ask me for money. I would have given you. You didn't have to do that." Said Li Qin.

"If you need to give your friend expensive gifts then did you befriend him. You know our situation, you shouldn't befriend someone from rich family." Said Xiao Lei.

Cheng Xiao was very angry when she heard her elder brother's words. She didn't have many friends and her brother was telling her that she didn't do the right thing to befriend someone from rich family.

"Wow.... brother..... just wow. Don't you have rich friends? Don't you went to parties? Compared to me, you went to the parties most of the time when you were in university. Back then you had no problem because we had money. But after our company went bankrupt, you didn't stop going to parties. Li Qin jie and mom worked hard for the family while you just went out to hangout with your friends. Even Zhan gege did part time jobs for his studies while you just spent the money which mom and Qin jie earned. I know, I don't do any works. I am a burden on Zhan ge and all of you. But still I didn't waste any money. I didn't go out to hangout with my friends. I didn't even have much friends because I am not rich. The students of our university are very rich. They didn't want befriend someone like me. Still I have some friends who loves me as who I am. Among them was Bobo who was my best friend. He invited me on his birthday last time but I refused because I know if I go I had to bring something for him. I can't go empty handed. But this time, it's his 18th birthday and he wanted me to attend his birthday party and I can't say no. I knew what I did was wrong. I wasted gege's money. But I don't know why are you making it a big issue." Said Cheng Xiao while tears were rolling down from her eyes.

Everyone was silent because they didn't know what to say. Cheng Xiao was right, she didn't waste money. This time what she did was understandable. But they made the issue big.