Stargazing

Pairing: Taylor Swift x female!reader Warnings: None Requested: No

Warnings: None
Requested: No

***
You and Taylor were excited, as you were about to go out in the backyard for stargazing through your new space telescope.

For the longest time, you've wanted a space telescope and Taylor surprised you with one for your birthday. The one that she had got for you was a celestron telescope and it's not just the telescope alone, but it had also came with an app that you hook up to it whenever you look outside in the night sky. This was a beginners telescope and it was just perfect, she couldn't have done any better then this.

What made you want a telescope was when you and Taylor would watch documentaries on space and planets. The one planet you wanted to see the most was Saturn, and Taylor mentioned that the reviews on this telescope had someone saying they were able to see Saturn and had even shared a picture of it. That got you really excited, and as you studied more about Saturn, you learn that from where you stand on earth, it was a light brown color star and when it was really bright, you couldn't miss it. Another app you had been told about was called SkyView and it shows a map to where the planets and constellations are above you. The first app you got was called SkyPortal, and it shows you a more detailed map and lists of tonight's best.

One of the planets on the list happened to be Saturn and Jupiter, so you were both excited to look through it. Taylor let you do the searching since it was basically your telescope. As you both stepped outside, you were first looking at Saturn, the bright light brown star. Jupiter was out not far from it, and it was a bright white star. You pointed the little red light at the brown star first and looked through the eyepiece. One of the other things you got with this telescope was a phone holder so that you can use your iPhone camera to see through. But as you struggle to put that on it, it wouldn't stay still on tight, so you just took it off and used the naked eye. It took you a few minutes to find and focus in on the planet, and when you got a clear view of it, it was absolutely breathtaking, one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen.

"Whoa..."

"Did you find it?"

"Yeah, you can totally see the rings around it."

"Can I see?"

"Just a minute."

After a minute or two of looking, you step aside and let Taylor take a look, getting the same reaction from her as she did you.

"Whoa!"

The both of you spent a little more time looking at Saturn before turning the telescope onto Jupiter.

Jupiter was just as beautiful, as it was close enough you could see all the colors and you could just barely see the eye. It was faint, but it was there. The October weather started making it almost too cold to stay out any longer, and after seeing you shiver from the light cold winds breezing by, Taylor suggested to come back out again tomorrow night and head inside now.

You agreed, just as much as you didn't want to stop looking now. As you both went back inside, you couldn't stop talking about it, saying how you wished you had taken a photo.

"I should have tried to take a photo!"

"Don't worry, (Y/n). We'll be out again tomorrow, you can try it then and I'll help you."

"Thanks, Taylor."

You smiled at her, in which she returned along with a warm hug.

Taylor was always warm and comforting, especially on cold nights.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!