Cuddles

PAIRING: Taylor Swift x female!reader
REQUESTED: No
WARNINGS: Brief mentions of PTSD
SUMMARY: Taylor comforts you after a nightmare
***

As Taylor was working her dream job in the music industries, you had your own career.

It was hard to call it a dream career when all it did was give you nightmares both day and night, caused by the things you have seen while on the job, things that you've seen but can't make disappear from your mind. Whenever you would wake up from a nightmare, Taylor would comfort you and tried to coax you into talking to her about it. That was out of the question on your end, because you thought if you said anything about what you see, that would just be very cruel and selfish to have made her suffer from the same images you were suffering with. You wouldn't say a word, the reasoning being you wanted to protect her from your job. That wasn't what you wanted, so you held everything in . During the day, you struggle with PTSD and made Taylor worry above and beyond about you.

After a couple of hours of being wide awake, you finally managed to fall asleep. Only tonight brought you another nightmare, one that was never going to leave your thoughts, the worst nightmare yet. In your dream, you find yourself stuck with it telling you there was no way out of it. Or so you thought, Taylor was awakened by your tossing and turning. She immediately knew you were having a nightmare and begins to shake your shoulder in an attempt to wake you and save you from it. It took a few minutes, but she managed to wake you.

Once awakened, you shot up, sitting up as you were gasping for air. The horrid look on your face worries Taylor and after a few minutes, she begins trying to talk to you again. But she gives you a few minutes until you have seemed to relax a little bit.

"Are you okay? Was it that dream again?"

Being too scared to speak, you could only nod your head in response as she continues. Taylor pushes you a little trying to get you to talk to her, but you denied her invitation of a listening ear.

"Do you want to talk about it? If not me, you should talk to someone."

You ignored her suggestion and instead, setting yourself to lay on your back while Taylor decides this was not the best time to discuss this. She than props herself up on her side and wraps an arm around you that made you feel safe and secure from any nightmare thrown at you. When it comes to cuddling, you would usually be the little spoon and Taylor would pull you closer to her. As you started feeling your eyes drooping, that was when Taylor's fingers started running lightly through your hair, her way of comforting you. She than starts noticing your eyes closing and begins singing to you softly.

"This ain't for the best, my reputation's never been so worse, so you must like me for me."

"That's my favorite."

You say as your voice trails off. Sleep soon took over as Taylor continued to sing softly.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!