She gives you a bad time as a joke

Pairing: Taylor Swift x female!readerWarnings: None Requested: No

Warnings: None
Requested: No

•••

"Can you really not take a joke? I was just teasing you!"

The way Taylor was saying this, she made it sound like as if you were being accused of something you clearly didn't do. But it was something far more then just that, after walking through the door from a long day at your job, you were coming home from a not so good day at work and you weren't in the mood for any kind of teasing.

Taylor was just happy to see you after being left alone during the long hours of your absence, and with her teasing you wasn't unusual. It has become part of your daily routine and Taylor knows that you were one of those who had to be in just the right kind of mood for it and you would casually tease back. Not this time, you did not come home in the right mood and when Taylor started teasing, you got a little more defensive about then you probably should have. You were happy to see your loving girlfriend, you just didn't have the energy to put up with any teasing. When you started telling her about your day, you've said something that had her on the road to tease you.

"I'm sorry, Taylor. I'm just not in the mood for this right now, it just wasn't my day at work today and I could really use some support instead of your way of teasing."

As you say this, Taylor realizes that she may have taken things in the wrong direction almost immediately, and she begins apologizing to you about her mistake, causing you to have a turn in feeling bad.

Taylor wasn't the one who needed to apologize, if it was anyone, it was you and you knew it. While Taylor speaks, you stop her in mid sentence and begin to give your own apologies. The way it works in your relationship, you both resolve anything like this that may come up before it escalates further then it needs to be. You both stand there staring at each other before Taylor speaks up, making possibly the best suggestion you had heard from anyone all day.

"Do you want to play a game, of go out for a drive and get a milkshake?" 

"What kind of game?"

"Any kind you want."

You couldn't help but smile when she says this, you both loved games and your favorite game of all time was Yahtzee.

"Okay, how about this? We still have some leftover huckleberry ice cream in the freezer from the family dinner party we had, how about it we finish that off while we play?"

"Sounds great! Best idea I've heard in quite a while!"

"Let's do it!"

During the game, you won for most of it and in just about as much turns, you purposely give yourself low scores so that Taylor could win and you tried to do that in a way so that she doesn't notice.

But little did you know, she picked up on that right away and played along. She does the same for you while you both enjoy your fun and games.

Ice cream in each other's company.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!