Waking up after a nightmare

***

***Pairing: Taylor Swift x female!reader Warnings: None Requested: No

***
Pairing: Taylor Swift x female!reader
Warnings: None
Requested: No

***
The feeling you get when waking up from a nightmare that you don't even remember was about was indescribable.

Of course the feeling started with the most common ones, scary, frightening, and just very unpleasant. The last thing you remember before falling asleep was feeling Taylor's arm wrap around your waist, pulling you close to her before falling asleep herself.

The truth was that you haven't been sleeping well the last few nights and that had you wondering why tonight would be any different for you, even with Taylor there to comfort you? It was an almost devastating blow to you, knowing that you were losing the proper sleep that you desperately needed and wanted. This was night three of waking in the middle of the night, and you found yourself beginning to drench in sweat. However, you were unaware of the fact that Taylor woke up as well, you didn't know it but this nightmare was intense enough to make you thrash around on your side of the bed, waking Taylor in the process. It's happened the last few nights, you thrashing in your sleep, but it was not as intense like it was.

Taylor knew you must have had nightmares, her reasoning to bring up the subject for the two of you to talk about was because she was worried about upsetting you by saying anything. After seeing that you were awake, she started questioning you about it, and she could tell you didn't want to talk about it.

"Are you okay, (Y/n)?" Taylor asks, worry being present in her tone she speaks.

It took you a few extra minutes to compose yourself enough to respond.

"Yeah, just a bad dream."

"Are you sure you're okay? You seem to be shaken up by it. Do you want to talk about it?"

"No... no, I'm alright."

"(Y/n), you and I know that's not true at all. If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine with me, but I'm always here if you want to talk."

"Here's the thing, I don't remember what the dream was about, all I know is that it wasn't a very good one. You're right, though. About me being shaken up by it, not knowing what it was makes things more difficult is all."

"Is there anything I can do to help you feel better?"

As Taylor asks, you feel her arms locking around you once more, pulling you as close to her as possible.

She was holding you like the world was coming to an end.

"Just hold me? Maybe put a show on or something?"

"Sure, thing! What do you want me to put on?"

"The Golden Girls."

"I was thinking the same show!"

Once the show is put on, you let Taylor help you to fall back with her so that she can spoon you in a snuggle.

Both arms locked around you securely, and with one of her hands lightly working her fingers through your hair wastage exact antidote you needed to fall into a peaceful sleep. Along with your show on low volume in the background, your tired eyes allow you to close them before you really fall asleep.

Thanks to Taylor, you finally get a few hours of much needed sleep.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!