The break in

Pairing: Taylor x female!reader
Warnings: None
Requested: No
Summary: Someone tries to break in while you're home alone

***

While Taylor was out for a scheduled interview, you remained behind due to being sick and not wanting to feel anymore miserable than you already were.

At this time, you were living in Taylor's New York apartment and you feel felt safe enough to be left alone knowing her interview was taking place only a couple blocks away. Taylor left you laying on the soft sofa along with your favorite movie playing on screen. Since you hardly got a wink of sleep from the night before, you were beginning to drift.

Just as you were going to let sleep consume you, a loud bang woke you right up, causing you to spring to your feet while you were still wrapped in your blanket. The sound never occurred again but not much long after, Taylor comes in looking frantic and concerned for you. The look of terror on her face is what brought the thought of how serious the situation was what scared you a bit. Taylor seemed to be frozen with time before rushing to you and pulling you into her warm, loving embrace.

"Thank god you're alright! Wait... are you alright?"

"Yes... what's going on?"

"I got informed during the interview that a man was trying to break in and I was so worried about you."

"I did hear a loud bang earlier, but I was half asleep that I didn't give it much thought. I only heard it once."

"Security says the intruder claimed to be a friend of ours and that we were expecting him. They have him in custody right now for trespassing. I'm so thankful that they had caught him before he could reach you."

"Wow.. I'm very thankful for that as well, and even more that they didn't believe that psycho."

"I'm so sorry that I left you. Because than, I could've at least-"

"You don't need to be sorry, Tay. Neither of us knew that this was going to happen. If anyone's at fault here, it's that man. It's really okay; you're here now and that's all that matters."

In response to that, Taylor hugged you once more before joining you on the couch.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!