Fighting on Christmas Eve

***

***

You sighed in distress as Taylor hung up a phone call with her manager.

It was Christmas Eve and she had promised you that she was for sure to have made arrangements to have this day and Christmas Day off from recording her albums in the studio to spend with you. The phone call had come in right as you were in the middle of a Christmas movie you were both watching, and you immediately knew who it was coming from, you knew it all too well.

Because Christmas Eve plans were running so smoothly and was uninterrupted, the phone call had come as an utter shock of surprise with despair. A small lump was forming in your throat, trying to hold back the tears as Taylor began talking to you, giving you her deepest apologies. It was hard for you to hear even if you had wanted to, this seemed to happen only when you were both enjoying each other's company, just as you were both getting close. Evening was just nearing and you could quite understand how Taylor was more than willing to leave your side to go work.

Oh, how furious you had become! But who wouldn't be in your current position?

"See you tomorrow, than?" You say, making it very clear that you were almost more them upset.

"Y/n, I am so sorry. I know I had promised you the day off-"

"Then why don't you keep that promise?"

Right as those words were said, silence fills the room, making you both fall silent for what seemed like forever. From the way it was said, it sounded cold and bitter, which you didn't mean for it to come out that way. That is, until Taylor looked as she was about to say something along with a look of surprise on her face as you have never used that tone against her in petty arguments. However this isn't the first argument you had, but it was about to be proven it was your worst one yet.

Not to mention the fact that it was taking place on Christmas Eve.

Before Taylor had a chance to say what was on her mind, you couldn't control your emotions and let it get the best of you, lashing out at her unintentionally.

"Don't even bother with it, Taylor. Just go. Go ahead and go. I'll be fine here by myself. I'm fact, why don't you just spend the night at Selena's while you're at it? Clearly, work is more important to you than I or our relationship."

"Y/n.." Taylor starts, only to be interrupted once more.

"Just go! You don't want to hold them up any longer."

With a sad look and sigh, you watch as Taylor almost reluctantly walks out the door.

———

After a while, you were able to calm down enough to take in what had happened between you and Taylor.

With the argument still fresh in mind, guilt hit you like a ton of bricks once you got the chance to think about the things you said to Taylor, and when you did, it brought you to tears all over again. You wanted nothing more then to take it all back, but you know you can't, as it was too late just as it was impossible. Time ticked by, and while it had only been an hour since the argument occurred, it felt like an eternity to you. You were sure that the awful words said scared Taylor off into never coming home again, so when you hear the sound of the front door opening, it quickly had your undivided attention.

Sure enough, Taylor walks in, much to your relief.

There was an awkward pause once she found you, the both of you staring at each other for a brief moment before you go running into her arms, hugging her. Taylor returns the hug without any hesitation and pulls you close to her. As you were in her embrace, you begin to apologize over again as she listens.

"Oh,Taylor! I am so sorry for the things I've said earlier! I really didn't mean any of it. I was just upset and that's no excuse, I know. I don't want you to go anywhere or to lose you."

"I know, Y/n. Listen, I'm sorry, too. I know me having to work a lot of the time is hard at times, if not all. When I left, I didn't leave to work, I left to go ensure that I have the evening and tomorrow off. I also made permanent arrangements to have up until after New Year's off to spend with you."

"Oh Taylor, you didn't have to do that."

"I know. Now, what do you say we finish our movie with some refreshments?"

"That sounds amazing!"

The rest of the evening was spent in exactly the way you both wanted until it was time to turn off the lights... all except the Christmas tree multicolored lights.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 🎄🎁