Chapter 51: Into the Future

Start from the beginning

Miko groaned in annoyance, and began to walk off, just as Bumblebee, who had returned from taking Raf home, arrived, pulling in front of the teen and transforming.

"Out of the way!" She snapped, walking between his legs and heading for the elevator. Arcee, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Jessica, and Michael watched as she entered the elevator and headed for the roof. Arcee and Cliffjumper looked at each other, nodded, and headed for the Cybertronian elevator, while Jessica followed them, for she too was worried for her friend.

Michael shook his head slightly, then looked over at Bumblebee, and smiled.

"Hey 'Bee." He greeted. "Wanna go out to the clearing? We haven't really had much time recently to do so."

"<:Sure Mike.:>" The scout beeped happily, and walked over to the Groundbridge. Putting in the coordinates and activating the Groundbridge, the two headed through it to the clearing, the bridge shutting down behind them.

In the Medbay, Breakdown watched as Ratchet and Knockout brought the recovering Wrecker into the room, laying him down on one of the medical berths. They then left him to rest, leaving the room, leaving the two mechs alone. The former 'Con looked over at the green mech, staring at his slumbering form with his one optic.

He began to feel two things he had never really felt before while looking at him: Guilt and regret.

Despite it being his now-former rival, the one who had nearly killed him all those centuries ago, he couldn't help but feel those two things when he thought about what had almost happened to the Wrecker thanks to Hardshell.

And him.

Guilt and regret began to weigh on his mind as thought about what he had done previously.

For almost killing Bulkhead repeatedly throughout the war, for almost killing Miko with a pillar. He even began to feel guilty for harming Autobots, and not taking up Optimus's offer to join their cause in the first place.

When he and Knockout first arrived, neither could understand how the Autobots almost always won and got ahead when they were so outnumbered and had so few resources compared to the Decepticons, but now they did understand.

They actually cared for their friends and teammates, which was something the 'Cons didn't do.

He thought about the Prime's offer again, and he finally decided to take it.

Getting up from his seat, he left the Medbay and headed to the Command Center, finding Optimus at the console. Knockout was also in the room.

Although Breakdown had never really interacted with the Prime much, he had to admit that he was very, very different from the likes of Motormaster and Megatron. He cared about his teammates and their wellbeings, and made them feel like family, nor did he put them down or make them feel worthless like his previous leaders did. Of course, he didn't see the Autobots or humans as family, but he couldn't deny that the Prime was one that deserved a lot of respect and admiration.

"Hey... Big Guy...?" The Prime looked back to see the blue mech standing behind him. "I... would like to take you up on your offer. I would like to be an Autobot."

Optimus, and Knockout, looked at the ex-Stunticon in surprise, then the Prime smiled warmly.

"I am glad to see that you wish to take up the offer to officially join our cause." The Prime began. "Yours and Knockout's efforts have been a great help to us in the short time you two have been here. You two, along with Starscream, have proven that even Decepticons are capable of change, and can choose the path of good. I know that you will do us proud in the battles to come, and so, I would like to officially welcome you, and Knockout, to Team Prime."