"I know, I know." I sigh, running fingers through my hair in frustration. "But it's important to my supervisor I get my grades up and I've got like half of everything done. I just want to stay on track so I don't have to keep doing this until Christmas."

"No, I know." Leo places his hand on my arms, dragging them down to hold my hands in his. "Of course I get it. But... you have two months before the semester's up. You know you gotta take breaks. And we want you to celebrate with us, too. We got a lot planned, it's gonna be fun."

"... As long as you're really okay about staying down here."

"Y/n, I want to spend today with you. So, if it makes you feel any better, I'm making you do this for completely selfish reasons," he says, getting me to smile.

"Okay." I smile wider, and drop my pencil on the desk.

Leo grins so widely, and immediately scoops me out of the desk chair and into his arms. But he lets us fall back on top of the bedsheets, unexpectedly rapid-fire kissing all over my face.

"Leooo," I laugh uncontrollably, getting way too flustered at the sudden onslaught of attention. I couldn't help my squirming as he wouldn't let me pull away, his hand around my cheek keeping me in his reach. "Leo, stoooop."

"What? Is this too much affection for you? You don't like my affection?"

"Yes! It's too much. You know you can't just sneak attack me like that!"

He just laughs, eyes crinkling. I can't stop smiling myself. For a stretch of silence, we just gazed at each other side by side, something exchanging between us. Something a little different, that hasn't been there in a long time. A moment that actually felt normal.

Leo leans over and connects us in a single movement. When his lips press onto mine, I'm instantly reaching up to hold his neck and pull him closer. One of his arms slip around me, and I feel his other hand tangle in my hair, cradling the back of my head. His kiss held such a softness I thought I was actually melting from inside out. Our gentle breaths mingled, lips moving at a slow, firm pace in the comfortable silence. Time slowed down with us, allowing me to savor his hands and lips on me for a little while.

I didn't mean to pull away so abruptly. I'm sure he didn't either, but Mikey's superpower of yelling made us both jolt apart.

"Leo, drag her out here before I do! Halloween waits for no one!"

I glance through my open door, towards the way of the living room. "Geez."

"Yeah, he gets pretty serious about Halloween. Come on." He pauses for a second, staring at me before a smile comes out. When he moves away, climbing from above me, I feel his hand slip around mine before I'm pulled up.

"There you are, Y/n." April smiles when I get into the living. She's wearing fake fangs and somehow looks even paler in the face. "Where's your costume?"

"Nonexistent, since I didn't know about this until today."

"Come on, ya gotta have a costume."

"Oh, really? I have to have a costume?" I chuckle, which Casey takes offense to.

"Uh, yeah. It's tradition. Or– it's gonna be... Guys!" He turns to the others sitting around the couch. "Yes or no to forcing Y/n into a costume?!"

The others don't even look up from their activities as a sea of yeses is yelled from the couch area.

I sigh and look to Leo in defeat, to which he just gives me a huge smile. "Nothing like forced fun with your family."