Lionel Hutz #1 (part two)

Requested by @cherishtheday, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

The day of your court case came up and you thinking some doubts about the whole thing. For a start, you were wishing that you never hired that lawyer after hearing from Marge just how incompetent he is. Maybe you should've just paid all the tickets? It was too late to do so now though. 

Hutz had been thinking a lot about the whole thing and it wasn't like he even knew what he was doing. He just desperately hoped that his luck would turn for the better and that he would win this case and hopefully you're admiration? That would be nice. He studied for this one he like he had never studied before, which was probably because he never did before, but was careful to apply facts, and some serious thinking to this case, even though it wasn't all that serious.

You were sitting there in court, your face beetroot red because ten minutes had passed and there was no sign of your lawyer yet.

"(l/n), you did hire a lawyer, didn't you?" Judge Snyder asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, your honour" You answered meekly.

"Well WHERE on earth is he?" He demanded.

"He'll be here soon" You mumbled and pulled your collar up to hide your blushing face. You didn't think you could get any more embarrased, but things always have a way of getting worse. He did arrive eventually, sweating, his hair and clothes a mess and panting as he was out of breath.

"Hutz! Where were you?" You whispered angrily to him.

"Don't worry, (y/n), i think I've made a last minute breakthrough" He said with a smile and gave you a smile wink. You weren't impressed as you shot him an angry look which made his blood run cold. He caught sight of the judge and gasped as they weren't exactly on the best of terms. Oh great, this was all he really needed. How was he ever going to win this for you now? But he was going to have to try if he was ever going to get you to like him.

The hearing went on and you were thinking maybe to just argue for yourself? And you dif so as much as you could but eventually Lionel had to get a word in and you dreaded what he would say when he opened his mouth. He called the cop responsible to the stand and began to question him.

"So, it was you who delivered these disgusting fines onto my client, wasn't it?" He asked.

"Yes, it's my job" The cop answered impatiently.

"Right, now we got THAT out of the way, why were so many placed on (l/n)s vehicle?"

"Well clearly because (l/n) kept parking there" The cop answered. 

"But (l/n) has to show up for work! And how come no one else is complaining of parking tickets, huh? Because no one else is GETTING ANY!" Hutz got louder and waved his hands about wildly as he felt he was really making his point.

"Mr Hutz, everyone gets parking tickets, what is even your point here?" Snyder demanded.

You just cringed and looked around, wishing the ground would swallow you up. The cop talked confidently,  but you noticed he looked a bit uncomfortable. 

"I will now show footage from the day in question"

FOOTAGE? You mentally screamed. Woah, you didn't count on THIS happening.

The court watched the video evidence and it was now the cops turn to cringe in terror as the footage showed him slapping a pile of fines on your car and the stumbling off, ignoring everyone else's. The Springfield police watched in shock as did everyone else

the cop cowered and unwillingly explained that he was under the influence whilst on the job. Chief Wiggum said something scornful and Lou and Eddie high fived each other as they actually looked competent in comparison with him. He was fired and you were ecstatic! You were extremely grateful for the help from your lawyer and glad at all the money you saved!

"Oh, mister Hutz! You ran after him as he was leaving. "Thanks so much for your help! I almost had a heart attack when i saw all those fines, but i can relax now, thanks to you!" You smiled.

"Take it from a recovering alchoholic, i knew as soon i saw that video something was up with that guy.

"What?"

"Nothing"

"I think I'm gonna treat myself with some of the money that i saved" You laughed joyfully.

"Maybe dinner?" He said and batted his eyelashes.

"Now there's a good idea!" 

"But like together?" He smiled hopefully. You looked at him with a loss for words. Dinner? With this guy? Ok, he was weird, but...sorta cute, plus he DID win this case for you.

"Uh, sure, why not? Pick me up tonight, you know my number" You grinned as you got in your car and drove off. You were thinking peacefully of your date, but then the thought struck you that no one even questioned where he got the footage from? But that was a story for another day.