Superintendent Chalmers #4

Requested by @love-me-rose, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

You stood there and looked at your new outfit in the mirror and smiled. You did a little turn and a twirl as you admired your pretty reflection. You dressed in your finest as today you were going on your first date with the love of your life, Gary Chalmers! You had known each other for a while before you both really got to know each other and getting together, but he had asked you on a date with him today, and of course you said yes! 

The sun was high in the sky and there was not a single cloud to be seen. Nothing could ruin this beautiful day. Shauna was staying with a friend, so instead of just having dinner, you could both spend the day together! You packed a picnic and you met up in the park. He was there waiting for you and he spotted you as you arrived.

"(y/n)! You look beautiful! Come sit down" He greeted you with a smile and a warm embrace and then you both sat there on the soft, green grass and unpacked. You had sandwiches, a cake, some drinks and other treats. Of course, you knew all his favourites so you could bring them. This reminded him of the last time he had lunch with a certain someone, though not so disastrous or strange.

He was busy talking to you, telling you about something funny that happened at work the other day, when he noticed your weird expression.

"And then i-what?" He asked in confusion as he noticed your stare.

"You got a little jam" And you tried to show him where the stain was located on his face.

"Where? Here?" He rubbed his face, but he was hopeless.

"No! Here!" You laughed as you wiped the smudge off of his face and then kissed him. He grinned and continued with his lunch. Once you were both finished, you packed up to leave There was a fair going in Springfield and that's where you were going!

You walked hand in hand through the fair and watched as kids laughed at the amusements. You saw the carousel, the slides and swings, but you were both a little old for those.

"Wanna try the rollercoaster?" You suggested with a smile, but he didn't seem so certain.

He shook his head. "Not after all that food" 

"Hmm, yeah, you got a point...ooh! Cotton candy!" you both approached the cotton candy machine and treated yourself to a huge, sweet stick each! Unhealthy, i know, but hey, you only live once, and today as a special day.

"How'd you like my new beard?" He asked as he stroked all the candy that got stuck to his face. You laughed and slapped your knees. Behind his cold front and authority, he was really a sweet guy.

There was a ton of win a prize stalls and you thought it would be fun to put him up to the challenge of winning you something. He paid for one and rolled up his sleeves and threw a few balls at a target. He missed a few times, but then he visualized the bottles as Skinner and "miraculously" knocked them all down!

You gasped as he presented you with a with a stuffed doggie as you graciously accepted it. "Thanks, Gary. You know, i think that's the perfect name for this little guy" You petted the stuffed toy softly.

He flushed with pride as this greatly pleased him. He then caught sight of the Ferris wheel and knew just what to do. "Come on!" He grabbed your hand and practically dragged you across the fairground, over to where the ride was. 

"The Ferris wheel?" You mused.

"Of course! Don't you think it would be fun?" He asked as he paid for the ride.

"Of course I do! I just didn't think it was very you" you admitted.

"Are you calling me boring?"

"Oh no, I really didn't mean it like that at all" you explianed, your eyes wide as you blushed at your careless sentence.

"I know what you meant" he smiled as you both got on, and the ride started. It was maybe a little slow, but that was just perfect for you to take in the view. It was now evening and all the lights looked so much prettier when it got darker. The sounds of music and laughter filled your ears and you just didn't want this moment to ever end. The Ferris wheel got to the top which was the highest point, and as you were busy looking down on everyone and everything, you felt a kiss! You immediately turned around and kissed him back as the perfect end to a perfect day together!