Moe #5 (part one)

Requested by @kaylawolf_offical,  thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

It was just another night at in Springfield. The boys were at Moe's tavern, a place they could be found mostly every night of the week, but they seemed a little less lively tonight.

"So, Carl, you ever get around to asking out that girl at work" Lenny asked, unenthusiastically as he took another sip of his drink.

"Nah, i think Mr Burns beat me to her"  Carl answered and the whole bar erupted with laughter. Moe was busy wiping down the place, but this caught his attention.

"Wait, what?"  Mr Burns, Ain't that the old coot what runs the plant?" Quizzed Moe.

"Well yeah, he's our boss" Explained Lenny.

"Gee, that's gotta hurt" Moe puzzled at the thought.

"Eh" Carl shrugged. "So what about you, Moe you got a girl yet or did you suffer an even more embarassing defeat?"

He was about answer when the door opened and a patron entered, but not like the usual bunch who inhabited the place and Moe stared as you quietly took a seat.

"You know her?" One of the guys asked.

"I do, well did, back in college, well that was a long time" Moe explained.

"I'll say!" Lenny grinned. "Were you...you know, a thing?"

"Uh, not really" Moe said awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "She looks great though! (Y/n) (l/n) is her name"

"How about asking her out?"  Homer suggested.

"You know, that's not actually a bad idea! Just watch as i work some of the old Szyslak charm" 

But as soon as he went to approach you, another guy beat him to it and started what sounded like conversation, but quickly turned into a row. Moe didn't want to eavesdrop, but he heard something that sounded like you said that you hated drink, before getting up and marching straight out. The man you were talking to followed after you and that was that.

"Well that was a waste of time" Moe sighed.

"Cheer up, moe"

"Yeah, it's probably just a misunderstanding" The boys tried to cheer him up.

"Besides, why would she be in a bar if she hates drink?" Homer pointed out.

"I-I'm not sure, but what does it matter? She's gone now. Oh well"

"She seemed to know that guy pretty well" Said Barney.

"Yeah, she's probably already taken. Easy come easy go" But it wasn't to be like that for long as he would encounter you soon enough.