Waylon Smithers #2

"Uugh" grunted Smithers as he rubbed his head. He looked around the room at all the empty bottles and how trashed the place looked. He put on his glasses as he got up. Life just wasn't the same for him after he was fired.

It was at that moment you decided to give him a call. You hadn't heard from him in a while and wanted to check up on how he was doing. He rolled his eyes as he looked over at the ringing phone. "Uugh" he grunted, before he though, "wait, what if that's Mr Burns offering me my job back?" A smile appeared on his face as he picked up the phone .

"Hello?" He said in a cheerful tone. " hi Waylon" you replied. His smile immediately turned to a frown. Oh, it's you (y/n), what do you want? " he asked. "Waylon, is there something wrong?" You asked, sounding worried. " Oh no, everything's just dandy" he said sarcastically. "Waylon, you sound depressed, I'm coming over" you said as you quickly put the phone down and rushed to the car. "Oh no" he moaned to himself.

You knocked at the door. It was a while before he answered. He was in such a state when he answered, usually near as a pin, he looked like he didn't care what could happen to him. "Waylon, you look terrible, what's wrong with you?" You asked frantically , sounding like a worried mother as you looked over the place.

He sighed as you both sat down. "Well...Mr Burns fired me last night" "why?" " because I didn't want to go along with his convoluted plan to block out the sun, it's just wrong and it's ridiculous " "Waylon, you are so much better, I'm sure there are bosses all around the world just dying for an employee as loyal and trustworthy as you"

He looked at you for a moment before giving his answer through tears. "But (y/n), you really don't understand, he wasn't just my boss, he was my best friend! Oh!"
You thought for a moment before replying, "Smithers, you are the best friend anyone could ever have, you're smart, sweet, sensitive and if Mr Burns can't see that, then screw him, he's just a geriatric loser. And Waylon, I'm your friend, not Mr Burns"

He smiled through his years and puffy red face as he replied, "I guess you're right (y/n)" " well, I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong! " you both laughed. The chemistry was perfect. The moment was perfect, he was your best friend and it was all coming together, like it all made sense. You both leaned in and have each other a long and passionate kiss with real years worth of emotion.

"Thanks (y/n), I needed that" "how about one more?" You replied as you wrapped your arms lovingly around him and kissed again.