Homer Simpson #2

"Gimme another beer, Moe" Homer sighed.

"Jeez, Homer, you've really been down in the dumps recently. Midge-i mean Marge giving you trouble again?" Moe asked his "friend" as he poured and served him another drink.

"Yeah, i don't know when this will ever end" He hung his head in defeat and continued to kill his body with alcohol. "She doesn't even want to try to talk or compromise or even try to save our marriage any more. It feels hopeless"

"Well you have disappointed her a lot over the years, i mean shes only one woman, i mean she can only take so much"

"Yeah, but she's never been this angry or unreasonable before. I can't remember the last time we even did anything together. You know, kissed, hugged, shared any special moments"

"Well that's definitely not a good sign. You got your bad points, and believe me, they're a LOT"

"Hey!" Homer retorted defensively.

"But you're a good guy really. Who knows? Maybe this is a fresh start" Moe said as he tried to serve his position as bartender and help his customer feel better.

"I could do with a fresh start" You piped in.

"Oh, hey, (y/n), didn't see ya there. You're stupid boyfriend still giving ya grief?" Moe asked and gave you a weak smile as he wiped the counter.

"Yeah, still. I dunno, i mean i still kinda love him, and he says he does too, but he's never there for me"

Homer watched you and listened with interest. "That sucks, my wife is the same, but worse"

"Yeah, that does suck" you nodded in agreement. "I'm (y/n)" you introduced yourself and put out your hand for him to shake.

"Homer" he smiled softly. You struck up a conversation with him and he explained how he felt so unwanted by his wife, Marge and you gave him a sympathetic ear as he poured out all his problems to you. You couldn't understand why she was treating him like this. Yes, he was dumb, overweight and a bit of an oaf, but he had a heart of gold, you thought and was honest with you. You really liked being with him, he seemed trustworthy. He told you about his job, his family, kids and pets and all his favourite shows and foods and you told him about all the fights, late nights and just how you longed for something more.

"Oh shoot, i didn't realise it was that late!" You gasped as you checked the time on your phone, but then you remembered that today was a Friday and you didn't have any work to do tomorrow and so you relaxed again. "I'll call a taxi, it was really nice meeting you here tonight, Homer" You smiled as you typed the number into your phone.

"Doh! Does it really have to end? I mean it's not like either of us are wanted back home"

"Hmm, i guess you're right" You said as you hesitated to dial the number. "But what else is open at this hour?"

"I know!" He cried. You called the taxi and it picked you both up and you went to the mall together! The Springfield mall was open at midnight and neither of you really had anywhere to be so you went on a late night shopping spree.

"Does this make me look fat?" He asked with a seductive expression as he modelled an outfit for you.

"Nah, you make it work!" You laughed.

You tried on outfits together, took photos, shopped for new records and sampled music, tried delicious foods together and fell in love.

"Woah, Homer, this was just great" You sighed as you both just sat there on the bench together, sipping sodas.

"It was! Who knew those kiosk guys worked so hard?" He giggled like a child, which you found adorable like him.

"Not me! I really had fun tonight" You smiled softly as you looked into his wide eyes and put your hands on his. This was it. The moment you'd been waiting for for so long. The attraction between you two was undeniable and in the heat of the moment, you pulled each other closer and kissed. It was a slow, soft and passionate kiss, the kind where you know you're in love.

"I've gotta go now" You said hurriedly as you picked up your things and were about to leave when he grabbed your arm and looked at you with sad eyes. "Don't leave" He pleaded.

"No, Homer, this is wrong, i mean we're both in relationships"

"UNHAPPY relationships" He added.

"Yes, but relationships all the same"

"Can...can we still be friends?" He looked at you hopefully and you couldn't refuse.

"Well...sure, I'd love to"

You exchanged numbers and left, but that wasn't the last you saw of him. You both continued to meet regularly at Moes and call each other. You finally broke free from your abusive boyfriend and you were better off without him. Marge eventually went on to divorce Homer, but his world didn't crumble without her like he thought. You two got together and moved in and he actually got custody of Bart and the dog! You both thought you would come off badly and leave with nothing, but instead you were both whole together and completely in love.