Laura Powers #1

Requested by @wattehfock, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

You stood out there in front of the restaurant with your phone in anticipation. You had been set up on a date with a girl named Laura by a mutual friend, but she was late. You looked at your watch and sighed, but you waited all the same. Your patience finally paid off as she turned up, and she definitely looked worth the wait.

"Hey, (y/n) (l/n)?" She asked as she approached you.

"Yeah, you must be Laura Powers?" You asked, trying to smile.

"Yeah, that's me. I'm really sorry i made you wait so long, its just that my mom really needed help with housework. I hope it doesn't sour your view of me" She apologised.

"It's fine, i don't mind" Well, at least she seemed decent enough. She was an attractive girl, about your age with brown hair, and a charming smile with a hint of mischief behind it.

You both entered the restaurant and found a table, but before you could sit down, she was pulling out a seat for you!

"Gee, thanks! You really didn't have to, but thanks!" You thanked her as you sat down and she pushed your chair in and then seating herself. "I must say, you're awfully polite"

"Well, my mom always raised me to have good manners" She said with a pleasant smile.

You both talked a little about yourselves and she listened intently to you, hanging onto every word and never once interrupting, and she told you a bit about herself, her life and family. She explained how she just lived with her mother and you listened to her. She was really nice and you liked her, and she REALLY liked you, but you could tell she was trying really hard to make a good impression on you.

She liked you a lot, and so decided to pull out the big guns. She searched in her and pulled out a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates for you!

"For me?" You squealed as you accepted her gifts.

"Of course! Who else!" She giggled.

"Laura" You were overwhelmed with all her kindness, but felt there was a part to her that you were missing. "I appreciate all of your efforts, you're too kind, but what about you? Cone on, i really want to know more about you. Tell me about yourself"

She hesitated for a moment but then began to tell you all about herself. Her hobbies and interests and all the pranks she played. You were impressed! You liked her tomboyish ways and you just thought she was really cool and funny as you laughed and joked together. You both got on really well and you were both a perfect match.

You both left the restaurant in high spirits. It started to rain, but luckily Laura came prepared. She opened her umbrella and you both got under it for shelter as you went home.