Bart Simpson #6

Requested by @eri88880, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

The Simpsons family gathered around the table for breakfast as they did every morning. Some were more sleepy than others, some were more hungry than others, no prizes for guessing who though.

 They were interrupted by the sound of the mail coming through.

 "Better go check that mail, Lisa" Homer prompted her as he couldn't be bothered checking himself.

 "Oh, why me?" She sighed and rubbed her tired eyes. " Bill, bill, bill, restraining order" 

 "That must be mine!" Homer stated proudly as his daughter distributed the letters to each of them. 

 "Oh! A Valentine's card! Figures, it's from Milhouse" The girl rolled her eyes at the simpy letter she received from the blue haired boy.

 "Today's Valentines day?" Bart  asked as he had clearly lost track of what day of was.

 "Yes, of course! Didn't you check your phone?" His sister smiled.

 " Of course I did! Can't say I noticed the date though"

 She  frowned and continued with her breakfast. "So you didn't get, (y/n) anything? What's she gonna say?"

 " Relax, she won't care! She's cool " He smirked and kicked back.

"I don't know about THAT" The spiky haired girl answered as she left the table and left for school and her brother quickly followed suit.

///*\\\\

At school, you rushed over to greet him. You were really excited for today as you had got him the perfect gift and you waited in anticipation to see what he had for you. "Bart!" You exclaimed and tackle hugged him. "You'll never believe what i gotcha!" You grinned at him and he looked back anxiously. "Ta da!" You took your hands out from behind your back and gave him the new skateboard you got him, complete with a large red bow on top.

"Oh, that's uh, neat, i guess" He said as he felt guilty about accepting it now.

"I can't wait to see what awesome gift you got for me!" You giggled.

"Well i uh" He said awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck. 

The smile on your face turned to disappointment as you guessed what was up. "You forgot, didn't you?'

"Yeah, but you don't mind, do you? I mean, you are cool?"

"I guess so" You sighed and tried to hide your sadness as you both went to class. Seems Lisa was having the same problems as well.

"Hi, Lisa! You did get my letter, didn't you? Did ya? Did ya?" He giggled excitedly and bounced up and down around her unimpressed form. 

"Milhouse" She sighed. "It's really sweet of you, but..."

"You didn't get me anything, i understand, it's completely fine, you don't have to, i still love you!" He smiled and fluttered his eyelashes at her.

"Well thats just it, Milhouse, i just don't want to be your girlfriend, now please just let me get to class" She cringed as he followed her about like a fly.

"What? But-but, i was sure i had you this time!" He started tearing ul and his eyes through his thick glasses started welling up with tears and triggered his allergies. "Aaaaaggh!!!" He wailed hysterically and was screaming and crying as he ran into the girls bathroom, still sobbing. Scared and surprised girls were pouring out of the bathroom, running and screaming at this.

As you sat in class, you were also unhappy just like Milhouse but you weren't pathetic about it like he was.  You sat there brooding quietly, bitter, annoyed but mostly hurt. You were too lost in your own thoughts to notice anyone else talking or lessons.

"(y/n)! How many times am i going to have to tell you for not paying attention in class?" You heard the stern words of your Teacher, Mrs Krabappel. You clean forgot there was a lesson going on and you didn't know what to say. "Well, i...uh..."

"This must be, what, the tenth time this week? Go to the principals office, he can deal with you" She said firmly and you knew you were really in trouble now. You stood up, ready to face the music, when...

"Wait, Mrs K, it's my fault, (y/n) is hurt like this, I'll go" Bart got off his seat and faced his teacher.

"Eh, works for me" The woman sighed and lit up a cigarette as the spiky haired boy left the class. You marvelled at him in amazement and joy as you saw what he was doing for you.

After class, you approached him about this. "Bart! Bart!" You cried out. He turned around and to his astonishment, saw you running to him and smiling. "i just wanted to say thank you for that, that was really great of you" You smiled.

"What? For taking the heat off old man Skinner? Well i figured i owed ya one after this morning, but why are you so happy? I was the one that got you into that mess in the first place"

"It was bound to happen at some point and I'm glad you were there for me. Anyone could buy me flowers and chocolates and stuff but you stood up for me and proved your love and i just wanna say thanks" You grinned.

"Hey, you're right! But what did you have in mind?"

And you showed him then and there how grateful you were as you pulled him in and gave him a huge kiss on the cheek, which he flusterdly wiped away before grabbing your hand and walking home with you on that wonderful Valentine's day.