fourtythree

Isabelle's POV
I sat at the counter with all my college friends except Lauren because her and Cam were doing something I didn't wanna know about. I don't understand its his party and he's in his room.

"Hey do you know Scarlet Steel is back on campus?" My friend Abby exclaimed.

"Yes I heard she's dating Luke Brooks!" My other friend Ariel exclaimed.

"I heard that's he's gay and she's still dating him!" Mikalya exclaimed.

I wanted to say something but I didn't. Finally the party ended and I got in my car and began to drive home. Scarlet was on my mind. Thinking of all our best friend moments like when we reunited that day. I missed her. Somehow I found myself at her apartment door.

I knocked quickly. I looked at the time and instantly regretted it, it was 1 am. The door opened and Scarlet stood there. She had on pajama pants and a sweater and her hair was in a bun. Her eyes were puffy as if she was crying a lot. Her face looked gloomy not the old Scarlet that always was happy dancing around, making you happy.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

Her voice hadn't changed.

"I came to see you can I come in?" I asked.

She opened the door and motioned for me to come in. I walked in and she walked over to the sink and turned on the faucet. I sat on the stool and faced her.

"So why'd you come here?" She asked.

"I miss you." I explained.

She let out a small laugh,"why you have a "perfect" friend why would you miss me?"

"I heard about Luke." I spoke then instantly regretted it.

She stopped doing the dishes and turned off the faucet.

"What is that why you came here just to get all the juicy information so you can tell your little group?" She asked.

"No what are you taking about I care about you!" I exclaimed.

"Bull shit if you cared about me you would've answered my hundreds of phone calls and messages, if you cared you wouldn't get pissed at me for going for my future and crafting my life, you don't care." She yelled.

"Why are you still with him didn't he break you?" I asked.

"You wouldn't understand." She said.

"Yes I would." I told her.

She didn't say anything and then began.

"I went to a party with Luke that night and for once I felt loved, wanted something I haven't felt in a while then I bumped into cam and thought maybe I had a chance but the way he showed no care or interest for me, hurt me Luke made me feel not lonely at night waiting for my best friend to come back or for the love of my life to love me again. You wouldn't understand because you have love and people who care shit I lost my own brother I had no one Luke is the only one there." She said.

"Scarlet." I spoke.

"No you don't get it, I can never wake up to Cams face, you don't think I miss being happy I don't have him, my everything. Knowing he will never ever love me again hurts like fucking hell!" She yelled.

"Knowing he's in love with someone I fucking hate with all my gut, or that the person that I thought actually loved me is out late every night with some guy doing who the hell knows what and knowing that my best friend doesn't even fucking care hurts it hurts so much like I've been stabbed multiple times by every person I care about." She said and was now crying.

I had no words.

"So there you go there's your report for your little group hope you got what you wanted have a nice life." She spat.

She turned the faucet back on and began cleaning each dish. Tears slowly rolling down her cheek one by one. I sighed and walked to the door. I looked back but she wasn't looking I opened the door and walked out. Walked out of her life forever.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I was crying while writing this ;(