❥ E P I L O G U E

As you divided the cake mixture among the tiny cupcake liners that had been set perfectly on the cupcake tray, you hummed pleasantly

As you divided the cake mixture among the tiny cupcake liners that had been set perfectly on the cupcake tray, you hummed pleasantly. The kitchen was faintly lit by the LED ceiling light, and the blinds were completely drawn as the moon finally emerged and chased the sun away from the sky.

The attached oven in the wall dinged to let you know it was ready. With the help of your oven mitts, you opened the door and inserted the now-full cupcake tray before closing it. Since you had already completed the frosting, all you had to do was wait patiently in silence.

Well, that was nothing but a desire as a loud noise was the next thing you heard after that very thought.

"Mummy!", erupted a cry from afar. You looked around worriedly to see where the noise was coming from.

Which was a short passing mystery until you heard the tiny feet stomping the floor as they approached you very slowly and carefully, making sure they don't fall over.

"Mummy!!", yelled the little one, your one-year-old daughter.

"Yes. Yes. What's wrong Hana?", you asked, seeing her waddling towards you whilst rubbing her eye with her small fingers. You made sure to catch her hands so that she doesn't fall over.

"Snacks!", she said as tears streamed down her face, her little nose being bright red.

You crouched down to meet her eyes as you were confused by what she meant, but seeing as she pointed towards the living room, you knew it had something to do with the only other family member in the house.

"Did Hyun take your snacks away from you?"

You asked as you wiped away her tear stained pink cheeks, she looked up at you with her beautiful eyes that she inherited from her father. Nodding, she looked away toward the living room, wanting you to solve her problem which erupted a chuckle from you.

"All right, let's go ask him, ok?" You ask, observing her clasp your hands and carefully waddle her way towards the living room. She recently learned to walk without help, and if you glance away from her and then back, she will be on the other side of the room.

Once you reached the living room, you see the other member of the family happily eating away the snacks that were meant for your daughter.

Your five-year-old kid, Hyun Woo. He was your firstborn child, and everyone adored him. Not to mention your attention-stealing daughter. They're adored by everyone, including your new neighbours, who gush over your children whenever they get the chance. The amount of gifts they receive is enough to run a thrift business.

"Hyun, did you take your sister's snacks?" you questioned calmly, seeing him stop drawing—his new hobby—and gaze at you directly with his innocent doe eyes.

"But there were on the table, Mummy! I had no idea it was hers... I'm sorry, Hana" He pouted as he quickly apologised. Something his father taught him to do ever since he was a child. To 'apologise quickly when you know it is your fault'.