❥ T W E N T Y N I N E

"Now, now

"Now, now. Don't start with the tears.", you said in an annoyed tone as hwasa sat in front of you, tied up with ropes, sitting on the floor.

"I thought we were being discreet too.", Jungkook started, clicking his tongue.

"Apparently not."

Hwasa struggled on the floor but after several tries of trying to set herself free, she gave up. Her eyes met yours, showing mixed emotions towards you. Betrayal, love, anger, sadness. You couldn't look in her eyes anymore so you averted your attention to jungkook, seeing him already looking at you in a confused manner.

Almost as if he questioned you from inside his mind. You knew what you had to do. It was part of the unsaid rule by the company you truly work for. The company previously owned by your father.

You had to kill her.

An indescribable feeling arose within you when you looked back at her. For a moment you thought that she read your mind because of her widened eyes starting back at you.

She knew that you and jungkook were the mole and you couldn't afford to lose the positions you both have which you gained through years of training to work for your enemy.

Working on the enemies side to find out their secrets. Always worked.

They told you everything. After all, you were the boss' favourite agent in the company. A smirk lifted your lips at how ridiculous the situation was.

Your close friend, on the floor, waiting to be killed by your own hands. But you knew, making friends here was just to be more natural and not blow your cover. Friends? That was not your thing. It didn't exist. Friends will only cause emotions to arise and that does not work well in this industry.

"Do you know what I'll do to you?", you slowly asked, kneeling down on one knee, making direct eye contact with your victim.

When she shook her head, you let out a soft sarcastic chuckle.

"You know the truth and that's dangerous. If it was someone else who knew of this, I would've shot them right when they uttered the word 'mole'. But since it's you, I'll give you a few minutes to soak in the fact that you're going to die...soon."

She visibly panicked. Her chest moving at a faster pace, her eyes moving to every little thing in the room as though to find an escape route. She even tried to scream which wouldn't work as the door is closed and you were in the basement.

"Have anything to say?", you said but chucked shortly after, "silly me. How can you talk if there's a tape on your mouth?"

Jungkook removed the piece of tape from her mouth. Hwasa gasped for air but looked straight at you with pure hatred.

"You're the worst. I shouldn't have told you anything! Fake bitch."

"Is that all you can come up with? 'Fake bitch'? Seriously? I want something...", you paused, thinking, "creative. Put that brain to use for your last, i don't know, two minutes on earth?", you shrugged, "not very long if you ask me."

She went silent as her face turned red. Was it due to anger? You had no clue but it was amusing. Her expressions were fun to watch.

"Nothing?"

"I...", she started, "I loved you, Y/N. I saw you as my sister. My best friend eve—"

"I'm sorry but," you interrupted, "your last words is you confessing your love towards me? That's not even creative.", you clicked your tongue, "You know that 'love' in the place we work in don't go quite...well together. If anything, you should be screaming to at least get someone to hear you."

Jungkook glanced at you but then walked away to the door, looking through the little peephole to see if anyone was coming down, to the basement. Anyone could show up at anytime.

"Shame.", you said, "I actually thought you had potential to reach the top tens..."

Sighing, you shook your head lightly, "but you trusted me. That's where you went wrong. So now, you face your consequences."

"I mean...she should've kept silent and said to boss that she suspects us, right?", Jungkook said, chuckling as though the situation was humorous.

"Maybe I should kill you first.", you frustratedly said, "boss wouldn't believe her. Agent 034 saying that agent 001 and 003 are moles? He would kill her himself."

Jungkook nodded, looking back through the peephole, "right."

"Alright. Let's not drag this any further and get this done with.", you said, getting your signature silent pistol out.

"Wait! Wait...", Hwasa hurriedly said.

"I...can't die. Please. I have a mum to take care of, she's unwell. She needs medical attentio—"

"We'll take care of that, don't worry. After all, it's not your poor innocent mother's fault. It was your own stupidity that bought you here.", you forcefully smiled, wiping your gun down.

"Wa—"

Your smiled dropped and you looked right at her, "no."

And that was her final words before Hwasa dropped on the floor, blood pooling around her.

"Now there's only Matthew who will help me clean my mess!", waving your arms up, you tiredly uttered.

"Well at least you've still got Matthew on your back. I feel like that guy has some sort of a feeling for you. Like...I don't know, a crush?"

"Nope. Not dealing with love anymore."

The silence was hurting your heart more that it should. You thought you forgot about him but every damn thing reminds you of his missing presence beside you. His scent, his smile, his warming hug, his charming voice, everything.

You missed him.

You missed him so damn much and it's getting harder to forget about him.

"Let's go before someone comes in to find a dead body on the floor."

"Ah yes.", he said, inspecting the dead body. "I'm quite surprised, honestly."

"For what?", you asked.

"That you didn't shoot her more that once."

It was quiet for a while before you replied back, "she was still a great company.", and you jumped out the basement window, crawling on the wet grass before you stood up, looking down at jungkook, gesturing for him to climb out as you walked away.

Jungkook chuckled, "so she does have feelings after all. Her brother wouldn't be delighted to hear that our cover was blown. Oh well, as long as I don't get dragged in their little siblings quarrel then, I'm fine."

Finally climbing out and following you, Jungkook looked around carefully, making sure no one was watching.

He was Agent 001 but in reality, you were always better than him in his mind. So much stronger, mentally and emotionally.

He admired you for that. Almost like a role model. Almost...as your brother beat you to it.

——
[NiNi: I've been watching historical movies lately and have been influenced a teeny weeny bit. Also, I'm officially married🥰]