❥ T H I R T Y O N E

Everyone cried at the funeral the first day and the next was once again, a normal day

Everyone cried at the funeral the first day and the next was once again, a normal day. People moving on from someone's death and continuing to live and laugh. But one day was too short to move on.

Work resumed despite the shocking news of Hwasa's death falling into everyone's ears. No one knew it was you, after all, the cameras were hacked into and no one knew of you being in the basement so there were no witnesses.

She was a good friend but keeping your identity hidden was important. Even if it meant you killing someone you grew to form a bond with.

Your train of thoughts were interrupted when you heard someone flick a card onto your table.

"New mission.", a new coworker said. Seems like they replaced Hwasa already. Disappointing.

You had no time to grieve, there was a eleven month old demon on the loose to catch.

——

"What up with demons and alleyways, gosh." , you grunted as you walked around in the dark alleyway. The ground was wet, your footsteps being loud as it squelches.

No one came along with you, the loss of Hwasa was too overwhelming for them to work. You knew she had close bonds with nearly everyone in The Tens, including you.

Even the crickets were deafeningly quiet that night. It was freezing outside, and the fact that you weren't wearing a jacket didn't help matters. Wearing nothing but a turtleneck with extended sleeves and cargo pants.

You knew that if you heard a sound, even if it was just a quiet footstep, you'd be able to notice it and be more alert.

Just when you thought that you came to the wrong location, a warm air caressed your neck in the midst of the freezing night. Your senses were heightened as you held your breath.

The monster behind you was a step ahead of you just when you were about to turn around. Grabbing your neck and pulling you in their direction. You were startled by the strong chest and warm fingertips.

Their arm wrapped around your waist, lifting your face up by your chin with the other hand. You instantly recognised who it was when you smelt their fragrance. That scent, after all, was too memorable to be forgotten.

"Don't tell me you forgot about me princess?", his deep voice whispered near your neck, his warm breath caressing your ear, his lips too close to your earlobes.

You scoffed, "Long forgotten. Nothing of you was worth remembering."

You hissed and let out a shaky breath as his grip tightened on your waist, clearly showing that he didn't like that answer.