❥ T H I R T Y

You stared at the nostalgic building in front of you, desperately trying to feel nothing

You stared at the nostalgic building in front of you, desperately trying to feel nothing. It was still difficult to face your trauma, but you had no choice other than to learn the truth behind your father's death.

You wanted to know why Felix and his father killed your own father.

After taking a deep breath, you approached the abandoned house, remembering how your life had collapsed. Years ago, the police investigated this area and found no indication of who the murderer was.

Or they didn't try after being paid copious amounts of money to shut their mouth from the truth being said.

The door creaked as you entered your room, which had been left exactly as it had been when you abandoned this place, the tiny space held a lot of memories, good and bad.

You picked up the stuffed panda your father had given you for your fourth birthday, chuckling weakly. It was the greatest birthday present you could have received as your father's smile when he presented you with the gift was too precious and gorgeous to forget.

You hugged the panda as tight as you could, trying to get any sort of smell from it that reminded you of your father. But obviously, it has been way too long for any scent to remain behind.

However, something poked your hand when you were hugging it. Confused, you inspected the panda carefully from the outer appearance, to no avail, you opened the zip that was located on the back of the panda.

A small gasp escaped as you saw a flash drive. You took it out of the panda and that's when you noticed a small piece of paper attached to it.

"Five steps to the left, seven steps forward, two steps to the right."

You were confused but you still followed what the little note said. There had to be something.

Once you reached the place, which was outside you room, in the corridor, you looked around as you tried to find any clues as to what this paper tried to indicate.

You looked under the family photo, under the rug, on the door of your room, up on the ceiling. Nothing.

You tapped your foot, thinking of any other possible places. But a hollow sound echoed from underneath your feet.

You looked down, wondering what the noise was.

"Why's it so hollow soundin— wait..."

You bent down and knocked on the wooden floor that was covered by carpet, confirming your thoughts, the sound was indeed hollow and empty. Almost as if there's something underneath...like a basement?