❥ T W E N T Y S I X

"Ma'am, you cannot go in

"Ma'am, you cannot go in.", said the security from in front of the prison gates.

"What? Of course I can, I've been seeing Felix for the past two days about his case and you know that. So why the sudden change in mind?" You asked, staring right at the man in front who only gave an awkward smile back.

"Well you see...umm...", he hesitated while avoiding eye contact.

"Spill."

"Felix isn't here anymore.", he said, looking back at you.

"Was he moved to another branch? Tell me where, I'll go see him.", you fished your phone out of your black jean pocket and clicked on notes, gesturing it towards him for him to write the place down. You don't trust your memory skills.

"But ma'am that's not possible."

"I didn't exactly have a nice morning today when I woke up so it would be great if you could cooperate with me, sir."

"I don't know where he is..."

"Huh? Why don't yo—"

"He was let out."

——

You bursted through the closed doors, eyes landing on the two figures that sat on soft cushioned chairs, documents scattered on the table in between them. They seemed to be discussing something but it was stopped as soon as you entered the room.

One of the two was none other than your brother.

"What the fuck is going on?", you angrily asked, remembering what the male in front of the prison gates said a few minutes ago.

"Some context would be nice, babe."

"Why was Felix let out? Why do you think it's safe for a criminal like him to be roaming around in our city?!", you shouted, walking forward as you kicked the table causing it to slightly shake from the impact.

"We don't have anything against h—", said your brother.

"Don't bullshit with me...there were documents everywhere in the house you raided. You could've taken it all!!"

"The law does not work like that, Y/N. There's no law for fucking demons."

"But he kills people?! That's murde—"

"So you want me to put you behind bars too?!" He screamed, stopping you from speaking any further.

"Y/N, you're precious to me, ok? I don't want to lose you too."

That caused your heart to ache. His eyes were glistening from the tears that were ready to fall but he held back, not wanting to cry in front of the other male that sat quietly, watching everything unravel in front of him.

"You know Y/N..." the other male finally started after noticing the two of you being all quiet from the sudden smash of reality on your head.

He looked at you and continued, "do you think your father will be happy that you're out here killing demons and wasting your life away?"

Your breath hitched, "What do you mean? This is what he would've wanted!"

"He died because of a demon, is what you think and you found him when you went back home...", he slowly said as he stood up and walked towards you, "but you should know that your dad was the cause of it all."

"Hey, that's enough—", interrupted your brother but he didn't stop.

"Felix' parents. He told us that they died while flying to Busan right? Try connecting the dots, Y/N.", he chuckled, twirling a strand of your hair around his finger. Almost as if he was saying that you were now wrapped around his finger.

"Your dad was working in his Busan headquarters eight years ago, Y/N... he was also looking at what these creatures were and how he would demolish them. Get where I'm going now?"

You looked away from him, eyes widened as you thought it through. Your dad did die because of a demon. His body was way too gruesome to look at and the fear you felt then turned into anger later on.

You killed every demon you found out about. They killed your father, ruining the chances of you having a loving father and a normal childhood, ruining your chances of seeing your father smile as he walked you down the aisle, ruining your chances of telling your father that he was going to be a grandfather, ruining the chances of seeing him carry your child in his warm embrace. They ruined everything for you the moment they ripped your father out your soul.

"Your father was a great man, Y/N. But he wasn't the naive, kind hearted person you knew of, oh fuck no. If anything, he was a genius. The mastermind behind all of this." He said, spreading his arms wide to show the building we were in.

"He was the perfect villain or maybe hero, depends on how you interpret it. But even a hero can be a villain...don't you think so?"

"Felix, that man said that his father and the rest went to Busan quite a few times before they died in the plane crash, which was apparently hijacked. They always came back home either angry or tired. Which meant that the purpose they went to Busan for, wasn't going well. I'm surprised I got all this information from a man like himself.", he chuckled which soon died down as he remembered another thing. An important one.

"Yesterday...Felix mentioned that he tagged along with his father on their third trip to Busan. He apparently went to an unknown house with an empty duffel bag before going to the airport in Busan to fly back to Seoul, but when he came back from inside the house...the bag was full.", the male said, looking off into the distance as though he was searching through his memories inside of his head, "but...his eyes tell me that there's more to it. He just didn't spill it."

"He said it was near the place where you lived.", your eyebrows furrowed at that as you thought back to that horrendous day where everything in your life changed as it took a three-sixty turn. His body still vividly stuck in your mind despite it being eight years ago.

"My dad's body disappeared when I went to get help..." you faltered but after a few seconds of pure silence you audibly gasped, "don't tell me Felix' parents...took my father away from me?"

After a moment of silence he replied, "I'm afraid they did...but that's not all."

——
[NiNi: I'm back!!! I've been feeling rlly bad these days so haha :(( + AM SO EXCITED TO SPILL THE TEAAAA!! I'll do like a little explanation at the end of this book so if you're confused, don't worry!! I'll explain it all in the end <33 keep scrolling it's a double update👀👀]